O"s Top Starting Pitcher

Bahama O's Fan

Wells for sure. Wells, Gibson, Bradish would be my playoff rotation. For a must win single game, if Wells was not available I would strongly consider a bullpen day, perhaps with Baumann as an opener. Something like Baumann 2, Coulombe 1, Baker 1, Cano 2+, Bautista 2+.

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d rather answer that question in September.  Right now I’d say Wells, but I think Bradish has the highest ceiling of our current starters and might be our best by then. 

I agree with this. Bradish has incredible stuff.

If the playoffs started today, game 1 would be a decision between Gibson and Wells. Gibson would probably get it based on experience and his ability to make good adjustments on the fly. 

If you're asking about October? That's an entirely different discussion because for all we know, it could be Ohtani by some miracle.

I'm using his name in a facetious manner just to say we could potentially trade for someone. Or maybe Grayson, Hall, Rom, or Zimmerman comes up and surprises us all (like Cano did) with total domination over his opponents.

October is alot of baseball games away. 

I'd agree with the "play the hot hand" camp, as there's not a lot of differentiation at the moment...and really none of these guys have a history of pitching in "big" games (mostly due to youth), so you can't even handpick a "battle-tested" guy.

See where we're at before the game, go with the guy that's been pitching well and will have appropriate rest. Have a quick hook if needed. End of story.