O"s Top Starting Pitcher

Bahama O's Fan

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

We'll see about that.

You mentioned you're worried about Wells reaching an innings limit.

You don't share any of those concerns about Rodriguez?

Well, the advantage to him sucking is that he hasn’t piled up the innings the same way Wells has and they can regulate that a little more for GRod while he is in the minors.

I think they both can throw 140-150 innings this year.  Maybe Wells can throw a little more but I tend to doubt he goes much beyond that.

Plus, Wells needs to prove he can make it through full season healthy.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, the advantage to him sucking is that he hasn’t piled up the innings the same way Wells has and they can regulate that a little more for GRod while he is in the minors.

I think they both can throw 140-150 innings this year.  Maybe Wells can throw a little more but I tend to doubt he goes much beyond that.

Plus, Wells needs to prove he can make it through full season healthy.

I'd be far more cautious about Grayson's innings than Wells'.

I'd be very comfortable letting Wells throw 150, and if he's healthy and pitching this well in September, and hopefully, October, I'd run him out there to 180 which is about what he's on pace for.  He's 28; he's large; he's efficient.  If we're in a playoff race, and we will be, and he's healthy, then I'm handing him the ball every 5th day.  This is precisely the moment he has value to this franchise.

Grayson I'm being far more cautious.  140 is about what I'd like him, which is about what he's on pace for.  He'd have to pitch drastically better for me to want to run him much above that.

I said a couple weeks ago that Tyler is starting to become a solid #2 and today is just another example of that happening. The guy doesn’t throw as hard (mid to low 90s) as the rest of the rotation but he is pitching not throwing. 9Ks per 9 and a whip under 1.00. Awesome. Hopefully he just continues to thrive. I see him as a game 2 starter. 

Gibson is a vet and has solid numbers but lets not forget his ERA has been over 5 the last couple years. He has never really pitched in the post season so you don’t know if he can be clutch. Hopefully he can be consistent as the summer drags on. 

My vote will be an ace that we hopefully trade for. If we were to get that guy whoever it may be, we would be set with 3 starters for a series with Bradish or Kremer as a potential 4th. 

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I'd be far more cautious about Grayson's innings than Wells'.

I'd be very comfortable letting Wells throw 150, and if he's healthy and pitching this well in September, and hopefully, October, I'd run him out there to 180 which is about what he's on pace for.  He's 28; he's large; he's efficient.  If we're in a playoff race, and we will be, and he's healthy, then I'm handing him the ball every 5th day.  This is precisely the moment he has value to this franchise.

Grayson I'm being far more cautious.  140 is about what I'd like him, which is about what he's on pace for.  He'd have to pitch drastically better for me to want to run him much above that.

I wouldn’t go much beyond 140 even if he is pitching well.

I completely agree with you about Wells but I have my doubts that the Os will do that and again, he has to hold up as well.