Orioles calling up Westburg.

Brian88

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Westburg only has a .650 OPS.   What’s wrong with him!

I know you're joking, but I'm as excited about Westburg being up as I have been for any of them.

I still have dreams of Gunnar, Westburg and Ortiz in the infield some day 

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

No Holliday?

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

Definitely...I was referring to 2023. 

It will be interesting to see how the promotion schedule goes for Holliday during the 2nd half of this season. That's probably one of the biggest things on the watchlist for me now... outside of the MLB games.

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I don't understand why they even gave him a start.  He was batting .000 entering last night's game.

And his OPS is still well below Frazier's. It's like they're not even trying to win. 

I am impressed with the 0% k rate though.

5 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

It will be interesting to see how the promotion schedule goes for Holliday during the 2nd half of this season. That's probably one of the biggest things on the watchlist for me now... outside of the MLB games.

He'll probably get to Bowie after the futures game which may be enough time to get him his magical 200 ABs at AA. He will probably be here (in Baltimore) sometime around this time next year.

That's why to me it makes sense for the O's to decide between Ortiz and Westburg because there is only one place between the 2 of them in the future/long term infield. In stead of using one as a temporary starter/bridge to Holliday, IMO we would be better in using that one in a trade package for a front of the rotation starter.

9 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

Urias is a likely trade candidate so that may help your dreams...

I like Urias' versatility, but I think Westburg can be that type of guy with a little more pop/consistency.    Not sure that Urias has lots of trade value, but he'd definitely be a guy that could be moved.   

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

He'll probably get to Bowie after the futures game which may be enough time to get him his magical 200 ABs at AA. He will probably be here (in Baltimore) sometime around this time next year.

That's why to me it makes sense for the O's to decide between Ortiz and Westburg because there is only one place between the 2 of them in the future/long term infield. In stead of using one as a temporary starter/bridge to Holliday, IMO we would be better in using that one in a trade package for a front of the rotation starter.

I don't disagree about trading... it's Ortiz for me though. I've been pretty clear on my expectations for Westburg.

Holliday will definitely be in Bowie soon. I expect his numbers to jump pretty good when he moves out of Aberdeen.