Wednesday, June 28: Orioles vs Reds, series deciding game

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

The league is catching up to Cruz.  He has Mateo-itis.  Loves to swing at 59 foot breaking balls.

Catching up? The man has played 20 WHOLE GAMES and was considered a consensus top 2/3 prospect. Some of you are REALLY HARD TO PLEASE and VERY HARSH with the evualations.

But then I remember the fans who wanted Gunnar sent down. So I guess it's par for the course now.

10 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Adley is downright terrible at throws to second. 

I live in the A's TV market and see a lot of A's and Giants games.   Langeliers for Oakland is a good as they cone in throwing out runners.  He is fun to watch. 

3 minutes ago, TheWall said:

He's been worth 7 WAR in his first 188 Major League games. In what sense is he overrated? Because he's in the middle of a funk? 

His throws have been really bad recently and he's slumping. That doesn't negate all of the good he's done. 

I don’t know where 7 war comes from. He doesn’t have much pop and his defense is borderline a liability. 

Just now, Bemorewins said:

Catching up? The man has played 20 WHOLE GAMES and was considered a consensus top 2/3 prospect. Some of you are REALLY HARD TO PLEASE and VERY HARSH with the evualations.

But then I remember the fans who wanted Gunnar sent down. So I guess it's par for the course now.

The hole in his game is that he chases outside the zone.  Doesn’t mean he can’t be a great ML ball player.   But also, this is my take in the game thread, where half assed posts are more acceptable (and that’s why I mostly post here!).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

I don’t know where 7 war comes from. He doesn’t have much pop and his defense is borderline a liability. 

The Seven Years' War (1756–1763) was a global conflict that involved most of the European great powers, and was fought primarily in Europe, the Americas, and Asia-Pacific.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Emory Eagle said:

The hole in his game is that he chases outside the zone.  Doesn’t mean he can’t be a great ML ball player.   But also, this is my take in the game thread, where half assed posts are more acceptable (and that’s why I mostly post here!).

Fair enough.