Wednesday, July 5: Colton Cowser makes major league debut as O's try to right the ship in NY

SteveA

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

I like this lineup too. Not enough to be serious pennant contenders. But I like it.

I think lineup is good enough to win with. Need Mountcastle to be better. Team doesn’t have that superstar like a Miguel Cabrera in his prime. You look at tonight’s lineup not a an easy out there. 

Looked like it earlier though….

I have said to my wife....not on this board haha.....for the past 2 months that it made no sense to me why Cowser..Westberg....and Ortiz were not up here playing every day.

They are our future.....along with a few others. (we all know who)  Mateo, Frazier, and xxx and xxx are not.

Why live and die with guys who will never be here in a year or 2?

I have never understood it.

Just now, eddie83 said:

I think lineup is good enough to win with. Need Mountcastle to be better. Team doesn’t have that superstar like a Miguel Cabrera in his prime. You look at tonight’s lineup not a an easy out there. 

Looked like it earlier though….

What happened to Frazier?

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

I have said to my wife....not on this board haha.....for the past 2 months that it made no sense to me why Cowser..Westberg....and Ortiz were not up here playing every day.

They are our future.....along with a few others. (we all know who)  Mateo, Frazier, and xxx and xxx are not.

Why live and die with guys who will never be here in a year or 2?

I have never understood it.

You had veterans playing pretty well and young guys getting everyday at bats at AAA.