Official 2023 MLB Draft

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

700k under slot for a HS kid many thought could/would go higher.

It's interesting that the O's went with Bradfield when some athletic SS options were on the board still.  Obviously, Elias/Ciolek saw Nimmala (and others) as less of a fit for the O's developmental system as Bradfield.  And I think that's underscored by Bradfield signing for slot where other teams have chosen to shave a few hundred thousand off the signing bonus.

I'm reading the tea leaves as another encouraging sign that we got the right guy!

I liked Nimmala but I did read is HS strikeout rate was around 25% so there is definitely a red flag there.    You pretty much have to trust our guys on Bradfield based on track record.  His floor is a defensive replacement, pinch runner, but I think his offense will be developed to the point where he’s much more than that.   There’s a lot of upside there too.

9 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

It's interesting that the O's went with Bradfield when some athletic SS options were on the board still.  Obviously, Elias/Ciolek saw Nimmala (and others) as less of a fit for the O's developmental system as Bradfield.  And I think that's underscored by Bradfield signing for slot where other teams have chosen to shave a few hundred thousand off the signing bonus.

I'm reading the tea leaves as another encouraging sign that we got the right guy!

They clearly took their BPA. I’m good with that.