2023 1st Round Pick (#17): Enrique Bradfield Jr. - CF - (Jr) Vanderbilt University

2 hours ago, 86this said:

Bradfield mic'd up!  I'm sure it was an exciting couple of days for this young man.  Stay humble.

He's incredibly well-spoken and comfortable for his age. Did you see his interview in the booth during the game a week or so back? He was more comfortable and conversational on the mic than Mike Devereaux. Crazy. 

Do we know when he's going to get assigned to a team this year?

25 minutes ago, interloper said:

He's incredibly well-spoken and comfortable for his age. Did you see his interview in the booth during the game a week or so back? He was more comfortable and conversational on the mic than Mike Devereaux. Crazy. 

Do we know when he's going to get assigned to a team this year?

I did.

Most of the new signees are probably at the Florida Complex going through orientation.  I would expect them to start playing for the FCL team soon.

• Upvote 1

This kid is very like able and grounded.   Hope he turns into a super star.   If it doesn’t happen it won’t be from a lack of effort or desire.   He’s got some elite skills and a good head on his shoulders.   I expect our development team to get the most out of him.  It’s going to be fun to watch his progress.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

This kid is very like able and grounded.   Hope he turns into a super star.   If it doesn’t happen it won’t be from a lack of effort or desire.   He’s got some elite skills and a good head on his shoulders.   I expect our development team to get the most out of him.  It’s going to be fun to watch his progress.

What's the best way to keep up with these guys as the get deployed?

All of the tremendous talent that Bradfield has aside, he is an impressive young man. He is of strong character, a family guy, well-spoken, humble…yet confident, hungry, and an actual fan and student of the game. He has a lot to learn, and he knows that. I really like this young man, and the energy he brings.

19 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

What's the best way to keep up with these guys as the get deployed?

Milb.com.  You can check FCL rosters (no draftees have been added yet) box scores, and stats initially.   Bradfield and others will likely get a few games there before going to Delmarva where you can do the same.   Might even see Bradfield and Horvath get to Aberdeen because you still have the other 3 outfielders in Josenbeger, Cunningham, and Etzel to get some playing time as well.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I went back through the last few draft selections in the first round. Oddly enough, nobody said they were well-spoken, but it's been said many times here. Feels odd to me. I hope he becomes a stud.

I think you are going for the racial angle.   That wasn’t my intention.    I’ve seen guys like Cowser and Kjerstad interviewed among a lot of ML players, white, black, Hispanic, whatever.  Just generally impressed with the way this kid handles himself.   You can have a great education and still not come across so smooth and composed on camera.  He does.