2023 Comp Round B (#63): Jackson Baumeister - RHP - (So) Florida State (FL)

1 minute ago, Sydnor said:

By my calculation, the max they could offer without exceeding the 5% is $626,740. I do not think Ritchie will sign for that.

I doubt it too.  But that's like not having a house payment for the rest of your working career if baseball doesn't work out.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

I doubt it too.  But that's like not having a house payment for the rest of your working career if baseball doesn't work out.  

My understanding is that Oklahoma State was Ritchie’s dream school. McDaniel didn’t believe he’d sign when he was drafted in the 19th. I’ve seen other speculation that he wanted over $1 million to sign. I hope to be surprised, but I don’t expect it.

9 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

My understanding is that Oklahoma State was Ritchie’s dream school. McDaniel didn’t believe he’d sign when he was drafted in the 19th. I’ve seen other speculation that he wanted over $1 million to sign. I hope to be surprised, but I don’t expect it.

If we use every penny of our 5% overage we're at 1.1-ish.  That's a coinflip for him then, right?

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

If we use every penny of our 5% overage we're at 1.1-ish.  That's a coinflip for him then, right?

I think your math is off.  300K of savings went to Forret.  Another 375K to Baumeister.   I think about 1.3M extra to spread around after taking Baumeister slot amount into account.

1 minute ago, 86this said:

There's still some coin left.  Not sure what number Melewski thinks they have left.

They used virtually all of the pool money without going into the 5% penalty area.  I think Melewski is right.

• Thanks 1