Seattle really upset about Felix being called King Felix? Really??

Sports Guy

I lived in Seattle a few years near Felix's heyday, and they have some of that Baltimore inferiority complex thing amplified by the never having even a pennant in franchise history.     They celebrate their individual player icons a little harder never having had the dogpile, so it doesn't surprise me that much somebody got extra fired up when a nerve got hit.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK.

Of course I could never fill your shoes…

But upon further consideration, the amount of disdain that would inevitably pour down upon me simply for carrying that moniker has caused one of my trademark change of hearts. There can only be one can of corn.

In a world full of people being offended about everything, this may be the dumbest yet. Guy sounds like he was lying awake nights in bed wringing his hands and plotting how to call out the Orioles social media team over a one or two off comment...

7 hours ago, Just Regular said:

I lived in Seattle a few years near Felix's heyday, and they have some of that Baltimore inferiority complex thing amplified by the never having even a pennant in franchise history.     They celebrate their individual player icons a little harder never having had the dogpile, so it doesn't surprise me that much somebody got extra fired up when a nerve got hit.

Spot on. They are exactly the type of people to post a video as such - I much prefer the New York / Boston heckling style of “hey Felix you suck queen Felix not king Felix” but they actually have respect and are joking around. People from Seattle embody keyboard warrior 

• Downvote 1