Cedric Mullins

boothdos

20 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

They guy’s had like 25 plate appearances. Give him a break.

His defense is probably more concerning than his hitting. Bats slump, the defense should be present and he's getting terrible reads on balls.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

You learn to catch fly balls in Little League.  Major League fly balls aren't any different.  

Yes, how is it Colton Cowser got to this level unable to catch fly balls? I blame his Little League coach, too. Guy was clearly all about "having fun," whatever that means, instead of teaching fundamentals.

Even the Orioles couldn't teach him properly in two years. Guy is really a lost cause. We should just hurry up and DFA him before other teams realize a ball hit in the air to center field is an automatic hit.

Edited by ChosenOne21
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Yes, how is it Colton Cowser got to this level unable to catch fly balls? I blame his Little League coach, too. Guy was clearly all about "having fun," whatever that means, instead of teaching fundamentals.

Even the Orioles couldn't teach him properly in two years. Guy is really a lost cause. We should just hurry up and DFA him before other teams realize a ball hit in the air to center field is an automatic hit.

Hey, look, hyperbole!

1 hour ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Cowser has always taken a while to adjust to each new level. Give him time.

That and AAA and AA numbers dont translate to the MLB. These guys who OPS 1.000 plus at Bowie and Norfolk aren't coming in to the MLB and tearing up the league. You dont just torch MLB pitchers cuz you mash at Bowie and Norfolk. These pitchers at AA and AAA are nothing compared to MLB.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, johnrambo said:

That and AAA and AA numbers dont translate to the MLB. These guys who OPS 1.000 plus at Bowie and Norfolk aren't coming in to the MLB and tearing up the league. You dont just torch MLB pitchers cuz you mash at Bowie and Norfolk. These pitchers at AA and AAA are nothing compared to MLB.

That's my opinion.  But that's not my main issue with Cowser.  I don't think he has any power.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorecuse said:

That's my opinion.  But that's not my main issue with Cowser.  I don't think he has any power.  

We will see. You may be right. Cowser has not hit well in the MLB so far. Small sample size though. I will say that all these prospects like Ortiz, Westburg, Cowser, Stowers, Rodriguez, Hall, etc. They all come up and they either struggle initially or they just fail forever. Which is normal. For some reason Orioles fans hate established MLB players. They seem completely oblivious to the fact that sexy Norfolk and Bowie toys almost never outcompete established big leaguers for the job. There is a reason why veteran big leaguers are veteran big leaguers. Guys like Henderson and Rutschman found fast success. But they were the #1 overall prospects in the league. 

• Upvote 1