Sunday, July 16: Orioles vs Marlins

86this

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I used to tell my kids that when they are playing the music on the ice cream truck it means they are out of ice cream.

You are going to hell.  I am sorry but there is no saving you now. 

Just now, Malike said:

I mean, you do know it was 65IP that season, right? Another 110 or so IP could have easily brought him back to his usual sub 100 ERA+

I didn't figure you to be a guy who would hedge on such a small sample size.

Not his fault.

He had one good and one very bad year for them.  For a team in win now mode the deal was acceptable.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not his fault.

He had one good and one very bad year for them.  For a team in win now mode the deal was acceptable.

Sorry, I don't know how to put the YouTube pic up. Let me know if you like that song. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not his fault.

Of course, it's not his fault, but the sample size is really small and for you to point out that he was 9th in the CYA voting based on such a small sample is just....weird for you? I'm sure if you were on the other side of this discussion, you'd be saying the exact same thing. The trade didn't help the Angels at all, they were 8 games under .500 in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Of course, it's not his fault, but the sample size is really small and for you to point out that he was 9th in the CYA voting based on such a small sample is just....weird for you? I'm sure if you were on the other side of this discussion, you'd be saying the exact same thing. The trade didn't help the Angels at all, they were 8 games under .500 in 2020.

I was arguing against the idea that he had no value after he was traded and that was the quickest way to do it.

Pure and simple, this is the game thread, I didn't want to get into a nuanced discussion about Bundy.