Draft Kings commercials

Three Run Homer

Maybe it's just me, but the Draft Kings commercials with David Ortiz are some of the worst ads I've ever seen.  The guy and his wife (and even their dog) seem like pathetic losers.  Those ads do not make me want to start sports betting.  

The "public service" commercial with the guy talking to his friend about betting responsibly is also terrible, to the point that I switch the channel every time it comes on.  I don't want to have to hear that guy talking about "bird mascots" ever again.  I might suspect that ad was deliberately made to be annoying because Draft Kings doesn't really want people to bet resopnsibly, except that the Big Papi ads are horrible too, so maybe they just have a terrible ad agency. 

On the other hand, the Fan Duel commercials with Lisa Kerney are hilarious.  "You mean...watching baseball?"  

9 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Maybe it's just me, but the Draft Kings commercials with David Ortiz are some of the worst ads I've ever seen.  The guy and his wife (and even their dog) seem like pathetic losers.  Those ads do not make me want to start sports betting.  

The "public service" commercial with the guy talking to his friend about betting responsibly is also terrible, to the point that I switch the channel every time it comes on.  I don't want to have to hear that guy talking about "bird mascots" ever again.  I might suspect that ad was deliberately made to be annoying because Draft Kings doesn't really want people to bet resopnsibly, except that the Big Papi ads are horrible too, so maybe they just have a terrible ad agency. 

On the other hand, the Fan Duel commercials with Lisa Kerney are hilarious.  "You mean...watching baseball?"  

I wish they would all go away.  Never thought I'd miss car dealer ads...

I'm thinking that come November, the big three (FD, DK, MGM) will scale back their advertising in MD.  There was something in the law that only allowed them to do big incentive packages for the first 12 months of legalization, IIRC.

Most of the time I tape the  game and start it about 40 minutes to an hour late.   Then fast forward through he commercials.   Normally catch up about the time the game is over. 

I hate the Draft Kings commercials and the ones that repeat over and over again throughout the game.  The Truist commercial is pretty bad as well.   I watch the first 15 minutes of the pregame and then turn the sound down and do something else while they giving the odds on the games.  Just pure junk to me.

1 minute ago, George Zuverink said:

The sheer hypocrisy of having those commercials during games for a sport that bans one of its all time greats for betting.

People draw this comparison all the time. And while it makes sense from a 35,000 foot view, it’s not promoting an all-time great gambling on his own team. 

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’d wish they’d all go away. Especially Lisa Kerney and her Botox injected lips. 

IDK about that. If you don't get a happy feeling when the Points Bet golf ad with a dancing Paige Spiranac in a just-long-enough golf dress comes on, you might need to check your pulse.

• Haha 1

As annoying as they are, I find the Burger King commercials far more insufferable with the relentless bombardment of horrible tone deaf singing of a really bad jingle. I haven't had anything from Burger King in more than a year and those ads are one of the big reasons why.

MASN and MLB must really be struggling to find sponsers because they play the same commercials over and over about 10 times a game, every day of of the week and it really is obnoxious by the 1st day. 

10 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

IDK about that. If you don't get a happy feeling when the Points Bet golf ad with a dancing Paige Spiranac in a just-long-enough golf dress comes on, you might need to check your pulse.

I don't get the Points Bet golf ads.

I know who Paige Spiranac is, she's definitely hot.  But at the same time, I'm 41 years old and I've spent a good chunk of my life doing fashion shoots for developing models on the side of my regular job.  Once you've seen one, you've seen them all.  I'm sure Paige looks great jumping up and down but I'm also reminded that no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is sick of her **** that she thinks doesn't stink.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

As annoying as they are, I find the Burger King commercials far more insufferable with the relentless bombardment of horrible tone deaf singing of a really bad jingle. I haven't had anything from Burger King in more than a year and those ads are one of the big reasons why.

MASN and MLB must really be struggling to find sponsers because they play the same commercials over and over about 10 times a game, every day of of the week and it really is obnoxious by the 1st day. 

I rarely go to Burger King and that was because someone was overtly smoking in the drive-thru while waiting on customers.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't get the Points Bet golf ads.

I know who Paige Spiranac is, she's definitely hot.  But at the same time, I'm 41 years old and I've spent a good chunk of my life doing fashion shoots for developing models on the side of my regular job.  Once you've seen one, you've seen them all.  I'm sure Paige looks great jumping up and down but I'm also reminded that no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is sick of her **** that she thinks doesn't stink.

LOL. True, I forgot that about you. Still, as much as I absolutely detest the Papi ads and all of the rest, I perk up a little when my girl Paige is out there dancing. I also get a chuckle out of the (extremely cheap) bit where the guy's jaw drops as he's ogling her through his range finder. That's a cheap bit that makes me laugh, whereas Papi saying "I made mofongo" makes me want to smash a bullpen phone with a baseball bat.

• Haha 1