Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Heyman sucks.

True, but he's not the only one linking more teams than Houston/LA to Verlander.

Rosenthal just posted his update for The Athletic this morning:

- O's on the periphery of talks with the Mets regarding Verlander (listed after Houston/LAD)

- Thought to be linked to Lorenzen, but their exact pitching targets are unclear

- MLB watching the Orioles with considerable interest

- Tigers likely holding out until the last minute for best and final offers on their pitchers

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Heyman sucks.

The key with Heyman is he's the Boros' mouthpiece. Basically when he says something you have to see who are the Boros clients potentially involved, and how could they do better by whatever information Heyman is putting out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The key with Heyman is he's the Boros' mouthpiece. Basically when he says something you have to see who are the Boros clients potentially involved, and how could they do better by whatever information Heyman is putting out.

Very true, but I believe Verlander is still represented by Mike Milchin, not Boras.

I heard Amsinger on MLB Network mention Twins trading two guys last night....here's a write up.    I guess CLE and MIN could be colluding to troll the present divisional structure.

https://twinsdaily.com/news-rumors/minnesota-twins/should-the-twins-trade-sonny-gray-or-kenta-maeda-r14727/

The reasoning is adjacent to Civale, or Yankees surprise dump of Jordan Montgomery a year ago.     Fourth and fifth starters lose relevance in the tournament unless they can pivot to bullpen stardom.

Just now, ThisIsBirdland said:

True, but he's not the only one linking more teams than Houston/LA to Verlander.

Rosenthal just posted his update for The Athletic this morning:

- O's on the periphery of talks with the Mets regarding Verlander (listed after Houston/LAD)

- Thought to be linked to Lorenzen, but their exact pitching targets are unclear

- MLB watching the Orioles with considerable interest

- Tigers likely holding out until the last minute for best and final offers on their pitchers

I think I’d rather have Eduardo Rodriguez. 

He has given up 8 HR in 88 innings this year with excellent walk rates and decent K rates. He’s a lefty in OPACY. 

He is probably a rental but we could be in play as a contender, and the incumbent organization.

I like him. He fits. Verlander, storied as he is, does not. Entirely too expensive.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Prospect cost is going to be greater for Verlander.  I would bet Mets pay down contract to get better prospecys.

That's why I said assume prospect cost equal, who would you want.  Not guess if they Mets are going to buy down cost and how much and what prospects could come back.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

You can hate on Elias for not being willing to trade top 100 prospects for rentals. I have zero interest in trading any of them for Verlander. Angelos isn’t paying his salary and sending good prospects with 5 years of control is not wise. Part of trading prospects is knowing which to deal and which you think are winners. I have no problem with Holiday, Kjerstad, Mayo, and a couple others being on the untouchables list.

I would trade one of my nearly untouchables in a package to Seattle for Gilbert.

My Proposal 

Logan Gilbert (controlled through 2027)
Paul Seawald (controlled through 2024)

for 

Kjerstad

Norby

Hall

Watson/Denoyer

Ardoin

Sewald was delt to the DBacks yesterday.