Kevin Brown

Srey

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You can say it all you want, I still find him to be an annoying try-hard ankle biter.  I can't stand it when there's a late and close game and he's trying to get cute with stories an anecdotes and feigning outrage at what Ben McDonald doesn't know.  And I haven't listened to all the young TV baseball announcers so I don't know how to compare him.

I'll say it again, he's firmly behind Thorne and Proctor as far as TV announcers go but still ahead of Jim Hunter and the awful Michael Reghi.  

I don't love KB but he is okay. He seems to have energized Palmer a little bit or maybe it is just because the O's don't stink anymore. I'd put KB at GT's level. At least he doesn't sound drunk after the 5th inning. Thorne has a classic voice and was much more experienced when he came to Baltimore. I don't like announcers who get players names wrong and stumble over their words. Manfra was prone to do that a lot as is SG. I liked Joe Angel 2.0 much better than 1.0. I didn't like Mel Proctor and Newman is just awful. Buck Martinez' voice grated on me so bad I had to listen to the radio and watch the TV. Hunter was okay if you overlooked the stupid homer stuff. Thompson and Miller are my favorites. In writing this, it has become clear to me that the O's have had a few great PBP folks but way more bad over the years. 

7 minutes ago, yark14 said:

This is like the 50th thread on KB.

Human behavior is very predictable...this thread is taking the exact same turns as the previous 49.

As @SteveA once said (or was it @BikiniArmstrong), “When you’re beloved, you’re beloved!”  😅

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'll say it again, and continue to say it. Kevin Brown is the best young TV baseball announcer in the business. He is the best Oriole announcer since Jon Miller and  right there, in my opinion, with Chuck Thompson.You can agree or disagree or not care what I think. I value my opinion of broadcasters having been in the business for 46 years. KB is excellent and getting better too.

Roy, your opinion is clearly and obviously correct since it agrees with mine.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

I didn't like Mel Proctor...

You're going to need to walk that one back. How can you not like Mel Proctor? Proctor and Lowenstein were like Jerry and Kramer, the straight man and his comic foil. It was beautiful.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was as well until I was confronted by Roy after responding to Drungo.

I will not go quietly, Froberto Duran.

Moose "Hands of Stone" Milligan . I am the Sugar Ray to your Duran....you may win one...but I will win 2. Or you can just say, "No Mas".

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You're going to need to walk that one back. How can you not like Mel Proctor? Proctor and Lowenstein were like Jerry and Kramer, the straight man and his comic foil. It was beautiful.

I know a lot of folks liked him. I didn't. I can't even remember why. Just one of those things I guess. 

20 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Moose "Hands of Stone" Milligan . I am the Sugar Ray to your Duran....you may win one...but I will win 2. Or you can just say, "No Mas".

Yeah, but I'll eat my way through Mexico and put on 50 pounds before our rematch.

I believe Kevin is heading off to do the Women's College World Series for ESPN very soon, so we will be forced to live without him for a few weeks.   Probably won't have Ben for much of the next month either as he does college baseball.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

I believe Kevin is heading off to do the Women's College World Series for ESPN very soon, so we will be forced to live without him for a few weeks.   Probably won't have Ben for much of the next month either as he does college baseball.

Lot of MUTE TIME!!!!!!!

• Haha 1