Kevin Brown

Srey

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m not here to create a back and forth. But many countries offer free college educations to their citizens 

Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Sri Lanka and Uruguay, 

more

https://amberstudent.com/blog/post/countries-with-free-education#strongtop-15-countries-with-free-educationstrong

Nothing is free. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s a really solid broadcaster. I was wondering yesterday if ESPN “sees something” in him and want him to get involved in multiple sports.  He is still very young and you wonder if he’s one of those potential guys that people view as a long term Nantz type guy that does multiple sports really well.

Im a big Brian Anderson guy. I think he’s the best national PBP guy out there in baseball and he’s really good at CBB as well.  Brown could be headed on a trajectory like that.

I just hope we keep him. He did a solid job yesterday, though the game itself was meh.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I just hope we keep him. He did a solid job yesterday, though the game itself was meh.  

Yea it was a relatively boring game for sure. The woman he was doing the broadcast with is extremely knowledgeable and does a fairly good job overall but sometimes she can be a little dry in her delivery.  Overall though, I think he’s a very good partner for him because she really knows the game well and goes into breaking things down better than a lot of color analysts do.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea it was a relatively boring game for sure. The woman he was doing the broadcast with is extremely knowledgeable and does a fairly good job overall but sometimes she can be a little dry in her delivery.  Overall though, I think he’s a very good partner for him because she really knows the game well and goes into breaking things down better than a lot of color analysts do.

I agree, she was a good complement. I don’t know who she was though because I missed the start of the broadcast.  

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s a really solid broadcaster. I was wondering yesterday if ESPN “sees something” in him and want him to get involved in multiple sports.  He is still very young and you wonder if he’s one of those potential guys that people view as a long term Nantz type guy that does multiple sports really well.

Im a big Brian Anderson guy. I think he’s the best national PBP guy out there in baseball and he’s really good at CBB as well.  Brown could be headed on a trajectory like that.

He did some college softball last year too. I think he does a good job regardless of sport.

Funny thing is that when I started watching MASN again a couple years ago, I was actually critical of both Kevin and Ben because they had a tendency to ramble on about irrelevant things and totally ignore what's happening in the game.

But then I started watching the national broadcasts of mlb games and I realized that we have a decent broadcast team compared to most of the league, especially when you include Jim Palmer in that team.  Those nationwide guys (Joe Davis & John Smoltz) for Fox are absolutely dreadful to have to listen to. They are a total snooze fest and will put you to sleep with their soft voices.

My favorite broadcast teams have had at least one guy with a strong baritone voice presence. I think this is why I liked listening to guys like Jon Miller & Chuck Thompson so much. I also really enjoyed the duo of Joe Buck and his broadcast partner of the early mid 90s when they called the Championship series and World Series.

It just seems that today's national broadcast teams in baseball (mostly Fox & TBS) lack oomph. They're too ASMR soft.

17 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

That's right. I just love his style and humor. We quote him all year around my house, most notably Rougarou references. 

He’s the best. He’s great to follow on twitter too.  He’s just a down to earth genuine dude.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s the best. He’s great to follow on twitter too.  He’s just a down to earth genuine dude.  

Agree. Huge fans of him here at my house. We all love Ben. My wife is from his home state, so she's kept up with him for some time. 

11 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The university isn’t paying them anything.

These kids go to college, which is largely becoming a farce anyway, to prepare them for their job(s) after school.  Despite what these idiot professors nowadays feel, that is actually their only job. So, yea if a kid can go to college and be a millionaire, why not? Why should they have struggle to get there?  They worked hard to put themselves in that position, so why penalize them for it?

The amount of money the schools make off of these kids is obscene…and of course, that’s fine too but for years, we acted as if the education was more than worth it, which is and always will be total bs. 

Your last point , to me, is more about the stupid and atrocious idea that college should be “free”.

At this point, the only thing I’ll address any further is the “free” thing. No, that definitely isn’t where I was going. Not going there at all.

Thanks for the info. Some of this was my lack of understanding. Carry on, as you were. 

• 2 weeks later...