Jorge in Center

banks703

9 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Has he had a chance this game?

I didn't see the first 5 innings.

In the sixth he fielded a gb single and threw it in to second without incident.  But yeah, not as gracefully as he plays SS.

Oh yeah. He was shaded to left four or five steps and chased one down at the wall toward right-center. Depending on the camera angle, he either robbed a home run or took away extra bases. It was a damn fine play (I’m not sure it was a legit robbery). 

• Upvote 1

Have we seen enough of this experiment yet to stop the nonsense? This game should have at least been tied going into the 9th, but Mateo dropped a ball that 99% of the usually CF catch for an out.  Yeah, he made a nice play earlier in the game, but this was a drop in a crucial time of the game.  I know we have injuries, but Mateo shouldn't be starting CF, or starting SS for that matter.  Keep him on the bench unless we need a pinch runner.  That or get him off the roster.  But quit starting him except for real emergencies, which tonight was NOT.

Obviously Elias and Hyde think Mateo might someday figure out hitting and turn into a major weapon for the team.  I am not as sure. 

I also dont like using the roster space for a guy who is not helping much at all and has not done much since April.

I think Mateo is what he is at this point.  I think we are going to have to cut bait.  I dont think he is going to work out.  

Championship teams cant afford the dead weight.   We should of traded him for a lottery ticket before the deadline.  Now I think all you can do is DFA him.  

• Upvote 1