Jorge in Center

banks703

I've been advocating for awhile to keep Jorge on the roster as a super utility ever since Mullins went down the first time

He has value in this role and only in this role moving forward, and it is a valuable role for this team. This is what keeps him from being DFAd

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Interesting.  This positioning would suggest they think Jorge is the superior defender than McKenna in CF.

Very interesting.

I was literally just thinking this to myself and said out loud “I bet this means that they send McKenna back to Norfolk when Ced returns”

• Upvote 1

Just now, ScGO's said:

I've been advocating for awhile to keep Jorge on the roster as a super utility ever since Mullins went down the first time

He has value in this role and only in this role moving forward, and it is a valuable role for this team. This is what keeps him from being DFAd

As unpopular as it is, I tend to agree.

32 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I was literally just thinking this to myself and said out loud “I bet this means that they send McKenna back to Norfolk when Ced returns”

They're sending an OF down when Mullins returns for sure.

Edited by Pickles
I'm an idiot

34 minutes ago, Pickles said:

As unpopular as it is, I tend to agree.

Same here. When Mullins went on IL the first time this season, I wanted to see Mateo play some Centerfield. I was told it would hurt the defense. 

I disagree. It would help the composition of the roster and help the defense. It seems now, that some of who were advocating for Jorge in CF were simply ahead of the curve, based on his appearance there tonight in the game.

42 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Interesting.  This positioning would suggest they think Jorge is the superior defender than McKenna in CF.

Very interesting.

Not really.  Suggests his future is as a utility guy, not a starter.  Need to get him some reps at 2B too.

42 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Very interesting.

No I think it just means they think McKenna is a better defensive rightfielder than O'Hearn. And since Jorge has career experience playung CF and Hays is being rested, it mades sense to put Mateo in CF and slide McKenna to RF to sure up the speed in the outfield.

• Upvote 2

Boys, we'll have to disagree there.

They had Cowser, McKenna, and Mateo in the OF.  Mateo has the least experience of all those guys in CF, and yet, they put him in CF.

CF is the most important OF position.  They were trying to win this game.  They're in the middle of a pennant race.

They clearly think Mateo is the best CF  of those three options.

As others have pointed out, that probably has roster implications. 

Edited by Pickles
  • Upvote 1