Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

I'm still having a hard time believing that everything was fine with Brown until this incident and then he was indefinitely suspended. The reason I have a hard time believing it is because, if true, then the owner of this team is not just petty, not just tone-deaf, not just (to borrow another poster's term) a scumbag. No, if this story is true exactly as reported, then the owner of the team is *insane*, stupid on a level that goes well beyond baseball or anything that you could say about 100 other owners who have been bad at their jobs. 

If this incident is the entire reason they suspended their lead broadcaster in the heat of a pennant race, then there is nothing left for anyone to say. The team is being run by an imbecile. I'm talking Marge Schott minus six. If that's who we are dealing with here, then there's no point in arguing about it or telling the Orioles what they should do or anything else. No one should even reply to this thread anymore, because if the owner happens to come across it, either he will be incapable of reading it, or will respond by building a new stadium made out of graham crackers. If this story is true, then if I was Angelos's doctor I would get him in for a court-ordered psychological assessment immediately.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Justinlstn said:

It's weird. Everywhere you read this year people are pulling for the Orioles, why do something dumb like this over a small thing. Wasn't even a bad comment. JA has done a good job staying out of the light this season and have the focus on the team and not his family which was big focus in the off season. Well that's now screwed. 

The story was "broke" by the Awful Announcing site.  Did you ever hear of them before?

7 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Getting there, but not yet. It is so freaking weird and petty, I think it is worthy of being a big story. 

We're also in that time of the year where there's nothing else to really report on.  It's just baseball now...football is getting ramped up, if anyone cares about the women's World Cup they don't anymore because the USA team got bounced...there's not a lot else going on.

2 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I'm still having a hard time believing that everything was fine with Brown until this incident and then he was indefinitely suspended. The reason I have a hard time believing it is because, if true, then the owner of this team is not just petty, not just tone-deaf, not just (to borrow another poster's term) a scumbag. No, if this story is true exactly as reported, then the owner of the team is *insane*, stupid on a level that goes well beyond baseball or anything that you could say about 100 other owners who have been bad at their jobs. 

If this incident is the entire reason they suspended their lead broadcaster in the heat of a pennant race, then there is nothing left for anyone to say. The team is being run by an imbecile. I'm talking Marge Schott minus six. If that's who we are dealing with here, then there's no point in arguing about it or telling the Orioles what they should do or anything else. No one should even reply to this thread anymore, because if the owner happens to come across it, either he will be incapable of reading it, or will respond by building a new stadium made out of graham crackers. If this story is true, then if I was Angelos's doctor I would get him in for a court-ordered psychological assessment immediately.  

I agree that this incident sounds more like something from the "Onion" than something real. By the way, Brown was NOT the lead broadcaster on any Orioles broadcast.   Had anybody here ever heard of "Awfull Announcments" before?

2 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

And, since then, has been corroborated and reported on by reputable sites like The Athletic and ESPN.  What's your point? 

And what is their source?  What is your standard for corroboration?  Do you really really think that AA was the first one to have inside sources and information on details of the Orioles?    By the way,  have you noticed what these terrible owners have build the Oriole team up to?  Are we in first place or not?

Edited by 2001OriolesFan

1 minute ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

And what is their source?  What is your standard for corroboration?

You are again showing you do not understand how journalism works.  Journalists do not corroborate sources - that is how they keep them as sources... 

• Upvote 1