Wednesday, August 16: series deciding game in San Diego

SteveA

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm not going to trust many of these bullpen pitchers in October.

It was obvious that bullpen help was a much higher priority than SP help at the deadline. As right as Elias has been about everything, I have no idea how he didn’t see it. 

1 minute ago, MacAdoo said:

It was obvious that bullpen help was a much higher priority than SP help at the deadline. As right as Elias has been about everything, I have no idea how he didn’t see it. 

Yes this team has the best record in the AL, but the bullpen is a potential weak spot come October. Bautista is maybe the best closer in the game, but the rest of guys have their ups and downs including Cano.

Would have really liked to have gotten an 8th inning pitcher setting up a 1-2-3 punch with Cano pitching the 7th and Bautista the 9th.

5 minutes ago, MacAdoo said:

He saw it, but his reply was to get Vespi and Fujinama, and hope for the best.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yes this team has the best record in the AL, but the bullpen is a potential weak spot come October. Bautista is maybe the best closer in the game, but the rest of guys have their ups and downs including Cano.

Would have really liked to have gotten an 8th inning pitcher setting up a 1-2-3 punch with Cano pitching the 7th and Bautista the 9th.

I mean he got Webb who I like, but Fuji is unreliable.  Really put too much on the hopes of Hall and Wells IMO.  Could workout but I don't think that's something you should rely on.