Wednesday, September 13: O's face former farmhand Rom on the eve of the Showdown with Tampa

SteveA

I would be interested to know if they have been training their hitters for the Rays and their pitchers in anticipation of the series.  I will say they have looked awful before.  Barely got a run against the Twins one series.  Struggled against the Reds.  The Orioles always seem to get the ship righted.  Hopefully that happens again. 

5 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Horrible approaches for two straight nights.  Adley especially looks awful.  Gunnar is the only one that looks remotely right.  I hope this is just them looking past the Cardinals or a bloodbath is coming. 

Why is Adley constantly falling to one knee? His timing is off....and the rest of our guys too...

• Upvote 1

Just now, dtk9119 said:

The 3 games in Houston next week are really worrying me too. Even if we somehow split w the Rays, they get the Angels while we play the Astros 

Agree re Houston.  Going to be tough after the Rays, although Houston isn’t great at home for some reason.  

Just now, baltfan said:

I would be interested to know if they have been training their hitters for the Rays and their pitchers in anticipation of the series.  I will say they have looked awful before.  Barely got a run against the Twins one series.  Struggled against the Reds.  The Orioles always seem to get the ship righted.  Hopefully that happens again. 

I can assure you that isn't the case. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Eh, I dunno. I mean, Wainwright is barely hanging on and can’t crack 90. His ERA was over 8, IIRC. I was expecting us to tune him up last night. I think last night was more inexcusable. 

Either way, both games have been pathetic. 

Well today would be more bearable if we had taken care of business yesterday. I can forgive a bad game. Two games of this against crap pitching is infuriating. 

• Upvote 1