9/19: An Earl Weaver Special From Hays

cboemmeljr

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The problem is when you look at the system behind the top 3, it has largely underperformed this year. Estrada, Etzel and maybe Forrett are the "breakout" guys when you look over things, but I'm honestly struggling to figure out who #4 will be. There is a HUGE dropoff after the first three. The high end Latin guys have not really done anything impressive outside of Estrada, and the next level of guy that you mentioned all have disappointed to an extent. Beavers, Horvath and Wagner (injured mostly) have all been disappointments. Povich and McDermott are kind of who they are with command. I'll be honest, Norby may be #4 right now.  I kept looking at the list and I wanted to move more guys down, but realized the guys below them are doing poorly too.  Hopefully this draft will bring some exciting new blood in because Elias and his scouts are swinging and missing a lot on college hitters since the 2021 draft, and that is making the system look weaker. Having three potential impact guys in the system makes the system still a good one, but they really need some guys to click in this second half. There is talent, just not guys putting up numbers to match.
    • You can take prospects for Mountcastle as additional farm depth to trade from in exchange for pitching.  Or involve him in a 3 team trade.
    • I hope not. I like a day in between Burnes and Rodriguez. I like having balance in case of a Povich stinker.
    • I don’t see why this would be a trap series, we’re at home and we’re not coming off a winning series with a big rival like the Houston series. 
    • This is not good.  We need @Roy Firestone  to respond and reverse this.
    • I think our mid level guys who we hoped would take that next step, Beavers, Bradfield, Horvath, have all disappointed to some degree.  I feel like there’s a lot of those guys and some potential high end Latin kids (Liranzo, Sosa, Estrada, E. Garcia, Morfe, etc.) that are just too far out to get too excited about yet.   There’s a big hole between Norfolk and Delmarva.    It’s kind of like the old days when you’d try to get excited about a Mac Horvath hot week or Trey Gibson striking guys out in low A.      The system could really use a 2nd half breakout from some Bowie and Aberdeen prospects.
  • Popular Contributors