I feel better about losing to Texas now

Frobby

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

An all wild card WS ponts out the increasing irrelevance of the 162 game season.  An 84 win team gets hot at right time.  Sad.  More and more NBA like. 

Except it’s rare for the lowest seed in the NBA playoffs to make it to the Finals.  This is now two straight years for MLB.  

MLB is becoming a worse version of the NHL playoffs.  

17 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I don’t really follow the NBA that much except the playoffs are seemingly just the only important thing. 

Well the reality is that is how it is in all sports. The regular season puts you in the best chance to win a title but it still comes down to who is hottest, who had the most luck and who is playing the best.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well the reality is that is how it is in all sports. The regular season puts you in the best chance to win a title but it still comes down to who is hottest, who had the most luck and who is playing the best.

Baseball’s appeal in part for me is it being unique.  But I know, money rules. 

15 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Baseball’s appeal in part for me is it being unique.  But I know, money rules. 

But it’s not unique and it hasn’t been for some time.

And if they did away with WC teams, people would complain that only the high dollar teams make the playoffs and that there isn’t any parity.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But it’s not unique and it hasn’t been for some time.

And if they did away with WC teams, people would complain that only the high dollar teams make the playoffs and that there isn’t any parity.

I understand.. I don’t disagree.. it is what today demands. 

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

I understand.. I don’t disagree.. it is what today demands. 

But it’s not just a money thing.

Let me turn this around. Let’s say all they did was having one WC team and 3 division winners.

Are you ok with a set up that is greatly incentivizes the big spending teams?

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But it’s not just a money thing.

Let me turn this around. Let’s say all they did was having one WC team and 3 division winners.

Are you ok with a set up that is greatly incentivizes the big spending teams?

My fantasy was prior to 1969.  Pre free agency. Lol ..  I am old.  Not trying to argue- I don’t think the structure can be changed given the economics.  Just that 162 games has become increasingly unnecessary.  Which change there may happen as well. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

My fantasy was prior to 1969.  Pre free agency. Lol ..  I am old.  Not trying to argue- I don’t think the structure can be changed given the economics.  Just that 162 games has become increasingly unnecessary.  Which change there may happen as well. 

Would be so cool having Gunnar bag your groceries during the off-season!