Would you trade Cowser and Ortiz for Cease

RZNJ

Trade Scenario  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Cowser and Ortiz for Cease?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/23 at 02:25

20 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

What about Norby and Cowser?

White Sox just let Tim Anderson go.  Their top prospect is a SS but he’s probably not quite ready and not sure if he’s a ML SS.  I would have to think Ortiz would be much more desirable to them.  Just guessing though.  The WS could use a 2B too so Norby might work as a piece but Ortiz can play either and better.

Edited by RZNJ

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Nothing is crazy if it has merit. What's your thinking?

He turned 22 in August so he’s basically a year younger than Cowser was his first full season.  So, he’s ahead of where Cowser was at that age and he’s got less swing and miss.  The one thing that he hasn’t done yet is hit a lot of homers but every report says he’s got plus power.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He turned 22 in August so he’s basically a year younger than Cowser was his first full season.  So, he’s ahead of where Cowser was at that age and he’s got less swing and miss.  The one thing that he hasn’t done yet is hit a lot of homers but every report says he’s got plus power.  

I think I would be on board... IF I thought Cowser could bring back more in a trade. 

I just have this feeling Coswer is going to turn into Kyle Tucker. 

14 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I think I would be on board... IF I thought Cowser could bring back more in a trade. 

I just have this feeling Coswer is going to turn into Kyle Tucker. 

I’d like to see Cowser get a real chance with the Orioles but it’s hard to see it happening especially with Kjerstad seeming to jump ahead of him.

4 hours ago, Jagwar said:

I'd start with Beavers and Norby... and let them counter. 

I’m guessing that would put conversations in a holding pattern.  It’s no different than Hahn asking for Holiday at the deadline last year, which was a non-serious ask in hopes of gaining leverage.  Honestly, both sides need to be more serious if there is any hope a deal can be made.  I’m hopeful that Getz will come in with a more realistic opening offer to all interested parties because he doesn’t have to win a sell side trade on day one to keep his job.