Would you trade Cowser and Ortiz for Cease

RZNJ

Trade Scenario  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Cowser and Ortiz for Cease?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/23 at 02:25

4 hours ago, waroriole said:

What are some packages of players you’d expect/want from other teams for Cease?

Let me give that some thought.  I mocked up a ton of trade ideas at the deadline last year and most were anchored around one 55 FV and one 50 FV prospect.  But needs and prospect valuations change so quickly that those ideas may no longer be relevant.

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Also, FWIW, Chris Getz came out today and said he doesn’t like his team, there are no untouchables, and that’s he not against trading a high-end for multiple pieces that can help.

I 100% read that as him dealing Cease by the Winter Meetings.  If so, curious if that ends up with the O’s or another team.

They should trade Cease and Robert.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The only reason for them to keep Cease is if they think he can increase his trade value, which I do think is possible but it’s not likely. 

I guess if he posted 2022 type numbers in the first half of 2024, his value could be higher at the deadline than it is now.  But that’s a gamble.  His remaining service time is a wasting asset.  

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I guess if he posted 2022 type numbers in the first half of 2024, his value could be higher at the deadline than it is now.  But that’s a gamble.  His remaining service time is a wasting asset.  

Right..if he has a big first half, he will be worth more at the deadline than he is today. But yea, that’s a big risk and one they probably  shouldn’t take.

On 11/7/2023 at 12:08 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm not as big a believer in Holt as others, but it would nice to see what he could do with a pitcher with an elite arm instead of AAAA/waiver wire guys. 

Fair enough. There is not any coach that can turn just any pitcher around. All coaches have certain types they work with better than others. I think Holt moving to an off field position is interesting. I am curious most about what the pitching hierarchy becomes. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Frobby said:

My apologies!  I completely forgot you’d done this.  I’m going to leave my poll out there just to see if opinions have changed over the last three weeks.  

No problem.  I didn’t remember either and then it clicked.  Yep.  The new poll looks completely opposite of the first poll 2:1 YES as opposed to 2:1 NO I’m my poll.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I was a no in both.  Yes, it would be curious to know what changed some people’s minds in the last 3 weeks.

I think part of it is I'm so borderline on Cowser in general that I kind of flip flop on him a lot. 

But most of all, I think it's just that it's fully the hot stove season now, and I'm bored, and I want something to happen. And that's enough to flip me, especially when I'm already meh on Cowser.

That said, it's not an emphatic yes. Frobby's poll has the option for a "yes, and please take more prospects also", which is a hard no for me.