2023 #7 Prospect Enrique Bradfield Jr. - CF

Tony-OH

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

"Mullins looks jacked therefore this throw-away Bradfield quote should be dunked on" is an all-timer of an OH take. Let's forget that Mullins always had more power and less speed than Bradfield when he was a prospect. They're not the same player. 

Let the kid grow and play baseball and let one of the top development systems in the game cook. 

I'd be happy to comment if someone can translate this post into English.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'd be happy to comment if someone can translate this post into English.

I'm saying the comparison to Mullins is dumb, and that the over-analyzing of Bradfield's quote regarding wanting to add weight naturally is also dumb. And that we should wait a much, much longer amount of time before we call Bradfield a bust based on a few ST ABs, which is, you guessed it, dumb. 

You understand SG-ese pretty well, so there's my best impression. Lol. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think I did. 

I think folks actually think like this.

No emoticons, they bothered to hunt up a picture.  Yea, I might be wrong, because you can't always tell on the internet but  I think he was serious.

If he wasn't serious he didn't do a good job of conveying that.

I notice you gave him an up vote and not a laugh.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think I did. 

I think folks actually think like this.

No emoticons, they bothered to hunt up a picture.  Yea, I might be wrong, because you can't always tell on the internet but  I think he was serious.

If he wasn't serious he didn't do a good job of conveying that.

I notice you gave him an up vote and not a laugh.

I gave him an up vote because my interpretation of his post is that Bradfield should hit the weight room (under the Orioles supervision, of course)

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I gave him an up vote because my interpretation of his post is that Bradfield should hit the weight room (under the Orioles supervision, of course)

And there's nothing that says he won't. That's what's silly to me. You're taking his quote to mean the guy isn't going to lift weights or something. I think if we're looking for a good body type comp of a buff Bradfield, it's Mateo, who is plenty jacked but just a more slender guy. 

Edited by interloper

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So you interpreted a post in which he specifically said Bradfield should work out with a player as advocating that Bradfield work out under team supervision.

That does check out with your history of interpreting posts.

Thanks for the insight.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I'm saying the comparison to Mullins is dumb, and that the over-analyzing of Bradfield's quote regarding wanting to add weight naturally is also dumb. And that we should wait a much, much longer amount of time before we call Bradfield a bust based on a few ST ABs, which is, you guessed it, dumb. 

1.  I said let's see how he does

2. My opinion is that he's going to need to get stronger. Much.

3. I admitted I was guessing what he meant by that quote.  It might be a dumb guess.  Just curious that he said wants to get stronger "naturally".   I'm assuming he's not talking about steroids so what does he consider "unnatural"?    It struck me as a curious word choice.  I'd love to know what he meant by "get stronger naturally"

Just now, RZNJ said:

1.  I said let's see how he does

2. My opinion is that he's going to need to get stronger. Much.

3. I admitted I was guessing what he meant by that quote.  It might be a dumb guess.  Just curious that he said wants to get stronger "naturally".   I'm assuming he's not talking about steroids so what does he consider "unnatural"?    It struck me as a curious word choice.  I'd love to know what he meant by "get stronger naturally"

To me it seems obvious he meant "grow into my body" rather than "pump iron more than necessary and eat a million calories to force weight on". Like, what, do you think he's talking about steroids or something? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

I am firmly in the camp of not being close to worried about Bradfield at this time. Not even a tiny bit. The days of the blue-chip prospects are likely over for hopefully a long time.  He doesn't need to hit for power, he just needs to hit, period. I don't care if he hits 130 singles a year because he's got the speed to turn half of those into doubles.

Billy Hamilton says hi.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Billy Hamilton says hi.

Billy Hamilton never hit 130 singles in a season.

He only even got to 130 hits in a season twice.

If Bradford is a career .239 hitter he'll be lucky to get to the 11 seasons Hamilton played.

Bradfield had 23 hits last year in the minors and 3 doubles.  I guess he'll just wait until he gets to worse defenses in the major leagues before he turns half of those into doubles.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Billy Hamilton says hi.

If Hamilton were a good defender those few 2 win seasons would likely have been 4 win seasons or more. I'd take that. Bradfield is an elite defender, Hamilton never was. Nice comp.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Billy Hamilton never hit 130 singles in a season.

He only even got to 130 hits in a season twice.

If Bradford is a career .239 hitter he'll be lucky to get to the 11 seasons Hamilton played.

He had over 140 hits twice and wasn't very good.  Malike said he'd be happy if Bradfield hit 130 singles because he'd turn half into doubles.  So that's not 130 singles either. It's 65 doubles and 65 singles.  But, of course 130 hits isn't necessarily good and Usain Bolt couldn't turn half into doubles.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Bradfield had 23 hits last year in the minors and 3 doubles.  I guess he'll just wait until he gets to worse defenses in the major leagues before he turns half of those into doubles.

So you missed the suggestion that turning singles into doubles means if he's on first base, he's likely ending up on second base with his ability to steal bags. You might need another cup of coffee, you're not as sharp today, or you're just being obtuse.