Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You said no other team had 4 starters better than Dean Kremer.  They called you on it and asked “Are you calling Dean Kremer the best 4th starter in baseball”?   

You spent the next 20 posts twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to explain the difference as you see it.   Sad.   But funny.

He didn't just ghost the conversation and come back later like nothing happened?

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I didn’t. You just don’t get what im saying or anyone else. That isn’t different on any site I have had the misfortune of posting on with you.

No …he called Cowser and Ortiz spare parts. He then said that I claimed over here that we could get Lazardo with Santander and Spare Parts. 

Then when I called him on it he added a Lazardo deal would only start with Basallo or Mayo. I’m not sure it would have to in a 5 player deal whether it included Santander or another veteran. It’s a fact that you have no idea either. Maybe Elias would be willing to send Westburg to Miami even though he apparently isn’t to Chicago for Cease.

Im not going to keep on with you that includes the slight in your last sentence because I’ve been asked by @Tony-OH not to. So we can agree to disagree…but perhaps you can have the class to just stop or put me on ignore. 

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

I don't think they want a quick turnaround. They are looking for 20 year olds all with the upside of Machado or Holliday for Cease so when they do contend the guys will be mid 20's. They want nothing to do with the dinosaurs like Westburg and Kjerstad. 25 is ancient.

Some of them do think they could contend in a few years.  Apparently Getz has said that’s the goal.  Hell, they had a few posters say they needed to add a few pieces and they could contend this year.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Some of them do think they could contend in a few years.  Apparently Getz has said that’s the goal.  Hell, they had a few posters say they needed to add a few pieces and they could contend this year.

I think the 89/90 win threshold for that to happen is out of reach this year. Even with the best pitcher in baseball, Dylan Cease, anchoring the rotation.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

No …he called Cowser and Ortiz spare parts. He then said that I claimed over here that we could get Lazardo with Santander and Spare Parts. 

Then when I called him on it he added a Lazardo deal would only start with Basallo or Mayo. I’m not sure it would have to in a 5 player deal whether it included Santander or another veteran. It’s a fact that you have no idea either. Maybe Elias would be willing to send Westburg to Miami even though he apparently isn’t to Chicago for Cease.

Im not going to keep on with you that includes the slight in your last sentence because I’ve been asked by @Tony-OH not to. So we can agree to disagree…but perhaps you can have the class to just stop or put me on ignore. 

You bring me into conversations that I’m not even in and you want me to stop?  Lol  

First of all, I never saw your other trade. I don’t care what you said or what your trade offer was. I was responding to the idea that Mayo or Basallo would need to be in a deal for Luzardo and I think that is correct. I never said anything about Cowser, Ortiz or anyone else. 

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He didn't just ghost the conversation and come back later like nothing happened?

Oh no!  He loves trying to explain his thinking to other people.   Then, when they say he’s full of it he criticizes their mental capacity and reading comprehension.   That’s why they love him.  LOL

• Upvote 1

I'm totally fine not meeting their domands for Cease.  If we are really willing to give up Holliday and other top prospects we should call the Yankees about Garrett Cole.  Those packages they are talking should land any pitcher in baseball.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, connja said:

I'm totally fine not meeting their domands for Cease.  If we are really willing to give up Holliday and other top prospects we should call the Yankees about Garrett Cole.  Those packages they are talking should land any pitcher in baseball.

They’re not talking about Holliday and they certainly, just like us, aren’t unified on what it would take.   Some are definitely out of touch.

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They’re not talking about Holliday and they certainly, just like us, aren’t unified on what it would take.   Some are definitely out of touch.

A week or so  ago they said pretty sure universally that they’d take a Cowser led deal. I believe it was Cowser, Norby, Beavers, and Horvath.  But I don’t remember for sure. Then a certain poster said that was way too much. 

Edited by Roll Tide

54 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You bring me into conversations that I’m not even in and you want me to stop?  Lol  

First of all, I never saw your other trade. I don’t care what you said or what your trade offer was. I was responding to the idea that Mayo or Basallo would need to be in a deal for Luzardo and I think that is correct. I never said anything about Cowser, Ortiz or anyone else. 

🤮 You just can’t resist 

Edited by Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

A week or so  ago they said pretty sure universally that they’d take a Cowser led deal. I believe it was Cowser, Norby, Beavers, and Horvath.  But I don’t remember for sure. Then a certain poster said that was way too much. 

I think that’s an overpay but we also keep all of the guys that most people want to keep so it’s worth discussing.  I do wonder if the WS would want 3 outfielders in a deal and whether the Orioles would include three.  Probably have to replace one outfielder with a pitcher.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Clearly you don’t understand them.

We've been through this several times before. You've made your opinion well known. Posting it a million times and trying to insult other board members, isn't going to make it right. It just shows you have way too much time on your hands.

• Upvote 1