Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Just now, Sports Guy said:

If this is true, this means the young kids aren’t available and it’s unlikely they are in on Cease although I never believed they really were.

They have a glaring need for bats.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I thought that at first because I think Westburg has the same value as those 2. 

But I also feel great about having Ortiz, so if you had to deal both, would it be that much different than one of the Ofers and Ortiz?

Not to be a tangent hog, but I'd rather see what lottery tickets we could get for Urias and Mateo and hold onto both Westburg and Ortiz. 

It's also possible that Santander gets dealt which opens two outfield spots for Cowser and Kjerstad. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade offers:

1) Cowser and Ortiz

2) Kjerstad and Ortiz

3) Cowser, Ortiz and Povich

4) Kjerstad, Ortiz, Povich

5) Westburg, Beavers, Povich and Norby

Are you make some, all or none of those deals?

Depends on the return, but #5 seems the most desirable to me. 

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They hate SG.  They are starting to get irritated with you and they are tolerating Frobby.

We’d handle it the same way. He’s smarter than a bunch of them and he’s not afraid to say so, but he’s lost the ability to communicate constructively with their smarter posters. It’s just vitriol at this point. It’s a shame because I think he’s arguing in good faith, but once you engage the people who can’t comprehend that, it goes down hill.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Stop making arguments based on the trade calculator and I’ll adjust 😀

Just using it as a guide which is better than nothing. Just like Ortiz isn’t a good headliner even though he’d be there #2 ranked prospect. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If this is true, this means the young kids aren’t available and it’s unlikely they are in on Cease although I never believed they really were.

Those guys aren’t moving. We lost a major potential trade partner. Given they were able to unload Ray, I don’t think the young guys were ever in play. They’re gonna give the acquired bats or FAs a shot instead of selling those young pitchers.

34 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I really question the need for the 3rd or 4th guy if you have a top 35 and top 75 prospect in the deal.

Unless the other GM might want a 3rd or 4th to make the return seem more substantial? Maybe a young international player?

3 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

We’d handle it the same way. He’s smarter than a bunch of them and he’s not afraid to say so, but he’s lost the ability to communicate constructively with their smarter posters. It’s just vitriol at this point. It’s a shame because I think he’s arguing in good faith, but once you engage the people who can’t comprehend that, it goes down hill.

No comment.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Eh, they are trying to sell it that we can't win without Cease. It's much more important that they hit on the prospects they acquire, as their development is complete trash and they've busted on other big-name trades. The reality is, that they need to trade Cease to have any chance of rebuilding, we are going to the playoffs with or without him most likely.

They can pretend the O's are desperate and there is a sense of urgency, but I'm sure there is none at all. I know they'd love to add him but they aren't banking the entire season on him and making panic trade decisions like the he/him/they there on that board think will happen.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Eh, they are trying to sell it that we can't win without Cease. It's much more important that they hit on the prospects they acquire, as their development is complete trash and they've busted on other big-name trades. The reality is, that they need to trade Cease to have any chance of rebuilding, we are going to the playoffs with or without him most likely.

They can pretend the O's are desperate and there is a sense of urgency, but I'm sure there is none at all. I know they'd love to add him but they aren't banking the entire season on him and making panic trade decisions like the he/him/they there on that board think will happen.

Agreed. The O's won 101 games last year WITHOUT Cease. They do need to improve IMO, but it's not as if he is the last piece of the puzzle that means a title. If the deal isn't right, I'd rather go to war with Bradish, GRod, Means, Kremer, Wells, Hall and Irvin.