Winter Meetings Thread

Roll Tide

20 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

Soto is the definition of overrated.  He frankly hasn't been that good since the Nationals won the World Series.

Juan Soto Since The Nationals Won the World Series

20.6 rWAR (4th in MLB)

166 OPS+ (2nd in MLB)

19.0 fWAR (6th in MLB)

159 wRC+ (4th in MLB)

I really wish we had anyone “not that good” like him. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Ken Rosenthal joined today's Rates and Barrels podcast and up top gave the take Cashman blinked as during the run up the Yankee position had been they wouldn't do King and Thorpe both.

Lots of Orioles content today, not just on Kimbrel, but also Eno Sarris reporting on a conversation he had with Elias, and AAA Stuff+ data (solid not spectacular) for Povich and McDermott.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Bryce Turang is their 2B and he was awful last year.  Willy Adames, the SS, I believe is in his walk year and lots of rumors of him going to the Dodgers.

Interesting. Maybe they would be interested in Conner Norby being included in the package. Ramon Urias also being a part of it.  Then it comes down to which Pitcher to include. (Kremer would likely get the deal done, but it could also be arranged if players like Povich, Baker, and/or Fabian are included. Although I don't think the Brewers are in the Outfielders market).  DeNoyer as a reliever was also rated better than I expected on that website.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Interesting. Maybe they would be interested in Conner Norby being included in the package. Ramon Urias also being a part of it.  Then it comes down to which Pitcher to include. (Kremer would likely get the deal done, but it could also be arranged if players like Povich, Baker, and/or Fabian are included. Although I don't think the Brewers are in the Outfielders market).  DeNoyer as a reliever was also rated better than I expected on that website.

I mentioned the other players to package in the event we were trying to hold onto Kremer. (Which would be preferable.)

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

This was a great trade by the Yankees imo. I wish the Os had beaten it.

We don’t know what they gave up and they’ve already given up a ton of pitching. Yes, they can resign him but who knows if he wants to be there long term. It’s a panic move pure and simple. He’s trying to save his job.