MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

30 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yankees traded their 2021 1st rounder (Trey Sweeney) for a middle releiver (Victor Gonzalez) plus a lesser prospect. 

I think Orioles fans would be livid with a similar trade. But by all means, continue to purge your farm system, New York. 

Trading Bradfield for a middle reliever would be stupid, but I would support trading one of the O's lower rated prospects for a middle reliever w/ options.  We know JA hates spending money, but I guess one thing he would hate even more is spending money on players who are DFA'ed in a roster crunch.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Anyone else think the Giants are going to step up in a major way to sign Yamamoto?

They've been missing out on the big names the last couple of years and I think they are ready to pay a premium to get one.

Sure but they’ve got the Dodgers, Yankees, Mets, and maybe Blue Jays to contend with so I wouldn’t call them the favorites.  Gotta like the Mets here.  Limitless money, Senga, and the owner traveled to Japan to meet the pitcher in person.    I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the Mets.

Whoever it ends up being, I agree the Giants are antsy about a long run of 2nd and 3rd place finishes.     I wouldn't be shocked to see Manny or Bogaerts in San Francisco at some point.

If Coby Mayo cannot do 3B even as a young man, there would be a lot of joy for me in Manny getting a shot at the Frank Robinson gig here.     With Elias and the Sigbot renegotiating what is an appropriate salary for Baltimore to pay, of course.

I don't think Seidler's Padres are completely over yet, but another bad year or two and current White Sox things seem possible.     Amid all the bad, Tatis getting a Platinum Glove in his first full year try at outfield is a reminder how special he could be if he can get it all together.