Ideas for the 2024 Home Run Celebration

Billy F-Face3

Literally asked Cedric Mullins at Birdland Caravan on Friday night about this and he said the hose won’t be back but they don’t know what they’re doing.

Also, he said the 2022 goggle celebration for base hits was his idea (I’d heard it was Odor’s but he emphatically claimed credit for it) and it was indeed borne of playing Call of Duty.

• Upvote 3

On 1/28/2024 at 10:55 AM, Orioles Jim said:

Literally asked Cedric Mullins at Birdland Caravan on Friday night about this and he said the hose won’t be back but they don’t know what they’re doing.

Also, he said the 2022 goggle celebration for base hits was his idea (I’d heard it was Odor’s but he emphatically claimed credit for it) and it was indeed borne of playing Call of Duty.

Nice. Glad you got to ask him that. Good info.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:12 AM, PeteCanes said:

I hope Mr. Splash is here to stay

I think I saw an ad where he was appearing at one of the Caravan events, if i'm not mistaken.  If so that would seem to be a clear sign that he will be back. 

Plus the Splash Zone was pretty successful in selling tickets; if anything it might be larger this season.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:32 PM, Jagwar said:

I'd prefer that they just give high fives and get back to focusing on the game. Maybe I'm just an old fart. 

Do you honestly believe that the Homer Hose took away from their focus on the actual game?  No offense but that's kind of ridiculous.

God forbid we make this more fun for the players and fans alike.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My lord... worst part of the Ravens losing was now we all get to be force fed her face for the next three weeks.

I have much more issue being force fed a ton more Mahomes and Kelce than Taylor.  Enough already w/ the Chiefs!  But that's a derail, so sorry.

2 hours ago, BRobinsonfan said:

Or how about the 2024 "Nice Homer, Hun" voiced in a Baltimore accent by our very own Melanie Newman over the PA system?  image.png.375c17390c09680c49bf9a225bac9cf1.png

Everytime I see Melanie Newman's eyebrows I can't help but think she might be better served reporting in St. Louis than Baltimore (sorry not sorry). 

giphy.gif