Opening Day Roster-Fairly Accurate Article

Bahama O's Fan

Seems close to me. Though if Holliday makes the OD roster and all these guys are healthy, I think they may trade Urias and include another outfielder (Cowser, Stowers, McKenna, or Hilliard) instead. Maybe they see O'Hearn as enough of a backup corner OFer, though I'd prefer not to see him out there. 

Getting used to having Corbin Burnes around it is settling for me Cole Irvin is almost certainly going to Norfolk.

I think Elias will want him on a starter's cadence early in the year in case he needs to fill in.     

We should get reports soon if Tyler Wells is 100% reliever purposed, I think he will be.    

But if he isn't, is either Wells or Irvin a threat to Kremer or Means for a back of rotation job?

If we can joke about AAA Mountcastle, why not AAA Kremer too...

I hope Tate beats out Baumann. I have read so much about Baumanns “stuff”, which I agree has potential. But just like Baker, he doesn’t trust it. And until he does, it doesn’t matter how good his stuff is, when he gets put in a high leverage position, he wilts. Hope he takes that next step.

The OD roster debate/handwringing is the most overblown conversation of all the conversations on here. They start the roster shuffling after the first or second series. It’s meaningless. 

The only thing this year that makes it somewhat different is Jackson Holliday which is something to be interested in. But he will be here when he gets here. It’s not a tragedy if he doesn’t make the OD roster. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Getting used to having Corbin Burnes around it is settling for me Cole Irvin is almost certainly going to Norfolk.

I think Elias will want him on a starter's cadence early in the year in case he needs to fill in.     

We should get reports soon if Tyler Wells is 100% reliever purposed, I think he will be.    

But if he isn't, is either Wells or Irvin a threat to Kremer or Means for a back of rotation job?

If we can joke about AAA Mountcastle, why not AAA Kremer too...

Cole Irvin has no options.  I don’t think they would risk losing him just yet.  Final 2 bullpen spots between Tate, Webb, and Baumann.  Tate can be optioned.  I think Jake Rill mirrors my thinking right now.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Cole Irvin has no options.  I don’t think they would risk losing him just yet.  Final 2 bullpen spots between Tate, Webb, and Baumann.  Tate can be optioned.  I think Jake Rill mirrors my thinking right now.

The big thing too with Baumann is that he will be "fresh" in the early season.