Kyle Bradish Has Sprained UCL, Will Start Season On IL (4/9 Update: Assigned rehab assignment w/Aberdeen)

DrinkinWithFermi

It'll be a good day over at the White Sox board.     Reboot that Cowser-Norby kind of thing.

Watching ballplayers one of the things I think about is whether we've seen their Career Year or not.

Bradish so far exceeded high hopes during 2023 I was already about 65% anyway.    99%.

Cole Irvin and Tyler Wells I think represent a SP6/SP7 strength relative to most of the league, so....have at it guys.

Perhaps calendar game theory to come with planning for 2nd half of 2025 availability.     Aaron Nola is a comforting citation in that MLBTR write-up.    Masahiro Tanaka's the one in my mind who sustained many years.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Down 2 starters for at least the first month of the season. The bullpen cannot absorb both Wells and Irvin starting. We have to make some kind of move here. 

Oh we will, more out of options guys for cash. I expect no real move 

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

It's in the MLBTR article. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/orioles-kyle-bradish-ucl-sprain-elbow-injured-list.html#respond

My favorite sentence in the Elias quote. If anyone tries to read anything concrete into Elias's statements I think we will be able to point back to this one:

The GM struck an optimistic tone, noting that “everything is pointing in the right direction” for the talented right-hander.

I was talking about the Means news. I know now it came from Roch's twitter.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Down 2 starters for at least the first month of the season. The bullpen cannot absorb both Wells and Irvin starting. We have to make some kind of move here. 

Agree 100%.  I am kind of surprised another move wasn't made before this news came out.  Agents have a little more leverage with us now. I kind of like Lorenzen because he could move back into the pen if our SP's do all get healthy.

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

Agree 100%.  I am kind of surprised another move wasn't made before this news came out.  Agents have a little more leverage with us now. I kind of like Lorenzen because he could move back into the pen if our SP's do all get healthy.

Don’t think it matters for leverage. We’re the Orioles, they know we could always do nothing

Also in the article, Gunnar is apparently injured too:

Elias also revealed that Gunnar Henderson is behind schedule due to an oblique injury that’ll still need another two to three weeks of downtime

Probably nothing dire, but oblique injuries can linger for quite awhile so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Man, what a s*** start to 2024.

When I posted my query about how the East looks now, it was because I had read much lamenting and teeth-gnashing over at over the monster and pinstripe alley. I wanted to gloat because this is the best top-bottom team I’ve seen since I started following the O’s.
I fear the evil empires are now rejoicing, and saying, “ Ha  ha.”
We gotta get a good starter now, and right now. How much would Jordan Montgomery cost, anyway?