Would you pitch Corbin Burnes 3/28, 4/2 and 4/7

Just Regular

Would you pitch Corbin Burnes 3/28, 4/2 and 4/7  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pitch Corbin Burnes 3/28, 4/2 and 4/7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/18/24 at 18:39

Well it's not overusing him since that's on 5-days rest, but saying that, if you can squeeze out an extra day of rest for him to get another starter into their groove I'd probably do it. I think some it depends on the match up. 

If you do it though, the good news is you could start Wells or Irvin off in the pen to give it another arm out there. That's usually not a bad thing early in the season when starters may not be able to go very far past 90-100 pitches.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

How many starters in MLB have never had an ERA above 3.5? 

I feel like I’m getting nitpicked here. My point is that Burnes is by far our best starter and his workload should be spread out because there’s a big drop off after him in the rotation. Sure, Rodriguez has the potential to be just as good or better…but until I see it over an extended period (not just half a season), I’m going to have to settle on Burnes being the top guy. Sorry if my language isn’t up to everyone’s standards 

I would not because we play 5 straight games after the off day after Opening Day anyway. 

They have the ability to skip a 5th starter after that for a little due to off days sandwiched around a 3 game series in Pittsburgh. Now if they had a bullpen game early on and didn’t use a 5th starter until April 13th then I would be fine with it. 

I'd let Burnes decide what he wants to do and see how he feels. It's his body and his contract year so let him make the input on the decision. By personally, I'm leaning towards not doing this and trying to keep him fresh all season long with an eye on the post season. You've got other members of the starting rotation so you've got to trust them to do their jobs too.

Acknowledging bias here, those first 27 games before the Yankees at OPACY in games 28-31 look soooo tempting to try and dominate.

We'll see if the Nice Guys have digested any of the Conan crush your opponents lessons, or if every blessed night is Coulombe-Cano-Kimbrel.     I think I know what Hyder would like.

For as uncertain what his week to week role will be, Tyler Wells feels somewhat reliable picturing what the total production will be.     Suarez working long again today, and McDermott-Povich shining does give options.     McDermott-Povich are not going to be unoptionable even if they throw a gem against Oakland in week 2.