Means discusses his timetable to return

Sports Guy

Just watched his inning. Lots of middle middle fastballs stung by Durham hitters. Doesn't look like he had his changeup working. 

Have to remember this is his spring training. But not the beginning he wanted. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Means getting roughed up in the first inning of a rehab start for Norfolk.

He's given up 5 runs,  a 2B, 2 HR, and a walk in 0.1 innings,  so far.   He does have a K, though. 

Well that's not good.

Three weeks later… still getting similar bad results.

He’s for a couple more weeks before a decision has to be made. But it’s not looking very promising as to his ability to come and help the big club right now.

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Well that's not good.

I apologize for the misinformation -  he didn't have a K in the first inning and only got one out via a fly out.  He was pulled after only getting one out and giving up 5 his and 5 runs, two HRs.

• Upvote 1

Probably as tough a night as Bradish's yesterday was encouraging.   I think it'll be found some persistent aspect of the injury he's now rehabbing is somehow at the root of this ineffectiveness....otherwise I'm not sure what happens when the rehab assignment clock runs out.

46 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

He's given up 5 runs,  a 2B, 2 HR, and a walk in 0.1 innings,  so far.   He does have a K, though. 

There’s a reason he had elbow trouble at the end of last year, and has started behind everyone this year. Do we have to bring him up?

48 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I know everyone thinks it’s routine, but some guys still never return to form after TJS. Even when he pitched in MLB at the end of last year, he looked like a guy that had some good luck given that he wasn’t missing bats.

7 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

I know everyone thinks it’s routine, but some guys still never return to form after TJS. Even when he pitched in MLB at the end of last year, he looked like a guy that had some good luck given that he wasn’t missing bats.

Yeah, but he made it out of the first inning in every start and even his FIP wasn’t terrible.  He’s now getting owned down in AAA.

29 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Didn’t someone suggest Means gets extended this past offseason for 5yr 80mill.. yikes..

Given his injury history and the overall injury risks for pitchers, that would be a disaster waiting to happen!

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That’s a pathetic performance. No other way to describe it. If he is getting crushed and isn’t competitive at all, that’s a terrible sign.

I don't think he is right physically.