Means discusses his timetable to return

Sports Guy

43 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Rangers will extend rehab for RHP Jonathan Hernandez

Dallas News

https://www.dallasnews.com › Sports › Rangers

Jul 1, 2022 — Up to three 10-day extensions are permitted for shoulder and elbow surgery patients, but must be approved by MLB and the Players Association.

---------

This is what I think happens to Means if he is not ready for the majors after 2 more starts.

image.png

I didn't know this "extension" possibility existed. I do assume at this point that the O's will either use those extensions and/or transfer him to the 60-day to continue a longer rehab assignment. 

19 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

1. I think there’s a history between the player and team that’s means something to both sides.

2. A pitcher who had TJ surgery, came back, got shut down again, needed all winter off, was a month behind everyone else, and has now thrown a total of 7.1 innings in 4 rehab starts doesn’t scream INNINGS EATER to me but maybe some ML team does think so.

3. I’m curious.  Can the Orioles even circumvent the MLB rules for service time by guaranteeing his minor league time won’t affect his FA status?

1.  I don't.

2.  We are talking about a team playing out the string.  Think of some of the reclamation projects we've seen I Baltimore.

3. No idea, I was thinking more of a guarantee he'd not be down long enough.