2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

23 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mountcastle went to Seattle ahead of the team.  They have a long flight to Seattle and having Vertigo they may have wanted him to break the trip up or not wanting him on late trip across country when your tired and want to sleep.  

Where are you seeing that?

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

Where are you seeing that?

Once you have vertigo it always still there and can come back at anytime even with no real circumstances especially if it is chromic vertigo which it seems Mountcastle has as he has had a few episodes besides the main one in the last year.  I know he had some dizzying issues at least once this season after a trip which kept him out the first game of the series.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Still sick or is this vertigo again?  Hopefully he’s just got a bad cold or something like that. 

Kirby does have some fairly strong splits this year (.565 OPS vs RH, .709 vs LH) and we have stacked the lineup with 7 lefty bats.

However Kirby's career splits are actually a bit reversed (.690 vs RH, .640 vs LH).

On 6/30/2024 at 9:17 PM, bpilktree said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mountcastle went to Seattle ahead of the team.  They have a long flight to Seattle and having Vertigo they may have wanted him to break the trip up or not wanting him on late trip across country when your tired and want to sleep.  

If he had vertigo, the last place they would want him is on a plane.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kirby does have some fairly strong splits this year (.565 OPS vs RH, .709 vs LH) and we have stacked the lineup with 7 lefty bats.

However Kirby's career splits are actually a bit reversed (.690 vs RH, .640 vs LH).

Yea that could be the case too.  Good point.

But 3 straight games now makes you think.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he had vertigo I don't think they would have let him pinch hit.  Seems needlessly dangerous.

I had it once.  Brutal for a couple of days and still didn’t feel right for at least a month.   Had to miss the softball playoffs.   Lol