2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Are we really going to have to put up with this every time Mayo doesn’t start a game?  Geez Roy, you’re practically making me wish that Mayo pulls a hammy or something so that you’ll stop lobbying for him every single game.  

Do you not read the lineup thread? Most lineups are good for 2-3 pages of comments to complain about decisions just like this. 

I agree with Roy here. You bring a guy back up and he looked pretty good at the plate yesterday. Give him a chance to build on that. We're playing the frickin White Sox! I get it about him being a liability on defense but what better team for some infield practice than the lowly ChiSox.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, gtman55 said:

I agree with Roy here. You bring a guy back up and he looked pretty good at the plate yesterday. Give him a chance to build on that. We're playing the frickin White Sox! I get it about him being a liability on defense but what better team for some infield practice than the lowly ChiSox.

And he only played 6 innings yesterday? Plus if Burnes is that flustered by Mayo at 3rd that’s worrysome. 

16 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Do you not read the lineup thread? Most lineups are good for 2-3 pages of comments to complain about decisions just like this. 

I generally look at it only to see what the lineup is.  The constant complaining about whatever the lineup is does not interest me.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I generally look at it only to see what the lineup is.  The constant complaining about whatever the lineup is does not interest me.  

Who’s  playing today , what slots they’re in , who’s pitching, and our opponent’s lineup is all I need know 

These are interesting days where actions will tell us some of what SIGBOT really thinks of Mayo.

I think Rivera defense first handholding is understandable trying to nurse Burnes past a bad patch, but it is not good news if in September 2024 SIGBOT generally thinks Mayo can't outperform a replacement level player.

57 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

Rivera is a plus defender at 3rd. Mayo is not.  Hyde wants to give Burnes a clean game defensively.

With Burnes pitching, it's about keeping guys off the bases to minimize the stolen base opportunities that follow. A higher-than-normal proportion of WS baserunners are likely to come from soft contact, and they do bunt (sixth in sac bunts).

That's my guess.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Probably a good argument for mods to move this thread to the lineup thread. 

• Thanks 1