2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

48 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

In with no Mayo before Roy.  Bottom of the lineup is putrid.  Hoping for a bounce back from Burnes.  If he can't shut down 29th in league offense, something might be wrong w/ him.

Too late, Roy just put it in another thread.  😅

Please start the Coby Mayo posts right here:

Today’s lineup.

For the Orioles

Gunnar Henderson SS
Adley Rutschman C
Ryan O’Hearn 1B
Anthony Santander RF
Colton Cowser LF
Eloy Jiménez DH
Cedric Mullins CF
Jackson Holliday 2B
Emmanuel Rivera 3B

Cade Povich LHP

Nick Nastrini has been pitching well lately with his best start coming last against the Rangers going 6 IP and only allowing 1 ER on only 3 hits and 1 walk. Big strikeout potential.

This is going to be all about Cade. There are a myriad of off days coming up which may allow the O's to skip his spot in the rotation a couple/few times. Will be nice to see him have an awesome start against a pathetic lineup. 

Santander needs a couple three days off as he's gimpy as hell right now.

Slater had a big game yesterday but is sitting today.

Mayo gets brought up and is given all of two ABs in three games where we're facing mediocre pitching staffs. 

I just don't get it. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Santander needs a couple three days off as he's gimpy as hell right now.

Slater had a big game yesterday but is sitting today.

Mayo gets brought up and is given all of two ABs in three games where we're facing mediocre pitching staffs. 

I just don't get it. 

This is what Sigbot nonsense gets you 

I thought this would have been a Mayo game. Guess he's getting pretty strictly platooned. 

If you're wondering, he was 2/5 with a 3b and a K in 5 PAs against Nastrini in AAA this year. 

Edited by Spy Fox

4 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I thought this would have been a Mayo game. Guess he's getting pretty strictly platooned. 

If you're wondering, he was 2/5 with a 3b and a K in 5 PAs against Nastrini in AAA this year. 

I was surprised Coby didn't get into the game yesterday at least as a pinch hitter off the bench or even to get some defense reps. Are we sure there isn't an injury? Roy said he was fine but I wasn't sure if that was hard info or speculation.

Random question: is it a confirmed fact that Elias creates the starting lineup, not Brandon? I know it's been discussed in the past but can't remember if there was ever confirmation

Edited by The B&G

1 minute ago, The B&G said:

Random question: is it a confirmed fact that Elias creates the starting lineup, not Brandon? I know it's been discussed in the past but can't remember if there was every confirmation

That's an answer I wish I knew. We'll probably never really know.

12 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

So Coby Mayo is the only Oriole who's ever faced Nastrini (and did well against him) but he's not in the lineup. When Hyde says he's picking his spots to put Coby in games you'd think this would be a no brainer. 

Just now, ShoelesJoe said:

So Coby Mayo is the only Oriole who's ever faced Nastrini (and did well against him) but he's not in the lineup. When Hyde says he's picking his spots to put Coby in games you'd think this would be a no brainer. 

Sometimes I wonder if Hyde's got a brain. Lol

5 minutes ago, The B&G said:

Random question: is it a confirmed fact that Elias creates the starting lineup, not Brandon? I know it's been discussed in the past but can't remember if there was every confirmation

No, it's been confirmed that Hyde has final sign off. Eve Rosenbaum has given a detailed explanation of the process they go through before each series. Elias was not directly involved at all, although the stats guys under him are part of it.