Gunnar Henderson 2024

19 minutes ago, interloper said:

20 hr at 22 by 6/9? I can't imagine that's happened a lot. Maybe though.

The point of that tweet is it's never been done, ever. Not by June 9th. They cherry-picked the leadoff spot to make it look interesting when it's an advantage getting more ABs. Of course, his season is impressive, and I'm not trying to say otherwise, it's more an indictment of people on social media cherry-picking.

28 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

theres quite a few ORIOLES I wish were locked in....Adley, Westy, Gunnar, Burns, Bradish....we could lose ALL of them  to FA some day.

It would take an almost unprecedented level of organizational incompetence to let all of that talent walk out of the door. That would be a doomsday scenario for the viability of the franchise in the current marketplace (Baltimore metro area).

47 minutes ago, Malike said:

It still feels like a reach to me. Kyle Schwarber leads off with a sprint speed of 25.1.

Fair enough point.  Teams weren’t doing that in Cal’s day though. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Fair enough point.  Teams weren’t doing that in Cal’s day though. 

Come on, Frobster.  Ken Singleton led off 120 games.  Brian Downing, a not so fast catcher, batted lead off 606 times.

On 6/9/2024 at 12:40 PM, Bemorewins said:

Ripken’s most home runs in a season was 34 in 91’. Gunnar is going to far surpass that this season. And he is nowhere near his prime yet as Cal was in 91’.

No one has to make what Gunnar is doing this season look “impressive” because it truly is.

Gunnar might have 34 by the All Star break.

22 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Come on, Frobster.  Ken Singleton led off 120 games.  Brian Downing, a not so fast catcher, batted lead off 606 times.

Funny, I have zero recollection of Singleton leading off.  Downing, I do remember, now that you bring it up.  

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

Really need to lock this guy up.

Gunnar is a 22 year old SS putting up a genuinely MVP-caliber season the year after winning ROTY and his agent is Scott Boras.

As much as it sucks to say, I would put the probability of Gunnar rocking an Orioles uniform on Opening Day 2029 at 1% or less.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Gunnar’s fWAR is 4.7.

It was 4.7 for all of 2023.

Hes a top 3 player in the game right now.

He is on pace for a 11ish WAR season by measure of both fWAR and rWAR, and he hasn't even turned 23 yet.

Crazy.

4 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Gunnar is a 22 year old SS putting up a genuinely MVP-caliber season the year after winning ROTY and his agent is Scott Boras.

As much as it sucks to say, I would put the probability of Gunnar rocking an Orioles uniform on Opening Day 2029 at 1% or less.

He is on pace for a 11ish WAR season by measure of both fWAR and rWAR, and he hasn't even turned 23 yet.

Crazy.

Gunnar is not turning down the Witt contract 

2 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

He is on pace for a 11ish WAR season by measure of both fWAR and rWAR

Wait, my math was off (still drinking my morning coffee).

Still, he is on pace for double digit WAR by whichever flavor one prefers, which is still absolutely bananas at 22 years old.