Gunnar Henderson 2024

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

This list is a mix of over- and under-rating Gunnar.

For example, Cabrera played in a more offense-heavy environment, so his .919 OPS is actually worse than Gunnar's .871. But, Cabrera came up earlier, when he was just 20, while Gunnar didn't debut until lat in his age 21 season. Griffey is somewhat similar, not with the pre-PED era timeline, but he was in the majors at the age where Gunnar was taking the year off for COVID but otherwise would have been in A ball. When ARod made his debut just shy of his 19th birthday, Gunnar was in the Gulf Coast League. But, ARod came up in a season where the AL scored 5.32 runs/game, or a full run more than today so a run in 1994 was worth just about 0.8 runs today.

Mike Trout played 652 games through his age 23 season, while Gunnar will probably end up about half that.

Can't we just have nice things

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

LOL that is a funny video.  When he gets into a bad rut....which isn't often but he is in one now.....that is exactly how he swings.  A real inside out swing with no balance.   And then he turns away disgusted.    Some things  never change.  We are who we are.

Except its not “we are who we are”.

The Os changed and developed him and realized his career wasn’t over at age 18, 19, 20 or 21..that it’s an evolution of things and different things come at different times..and that development isn’t linear.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Except its not “we are who we are”.

The Os changed and developed him and realized his career wasn’t over at age 18, 19, 20 or 21..that it’s an evolution of things and different things come at different times..and that development isn’t linear.

I think GH is already one of the best players in baseball and could go down as one of the best ever.  That doesn't mean as people who play sports that you cannot revert to bad habits or go into slumps. 

EVERYONE DOES.

My point was GHs little slumps involve swings like the above.

That doesn't mean you or anyone needs to come out of the wood work and  defend his honor like a shining white knight like you do for JH for example....and call me a troll for saying so.

Get a life.  It should involve more than this message board.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

50 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I think GH is already one of the best players in baseball and could go down as one of the best ever.  That doesn't mean as people who play sports that you cannot revert to bad habits or go into slumps. 

EVERYONE DOES.

My point was GHs little slumps involve swings like the above.

That doesn't mean you or anyone needs to come out of the wood work and  defend his honor like a shining white knight like you do for JH for example....and call me a troll for saying so.

Get a life.  It should involve more than this message board.

As with most things, the point of my post flew way over your head. 

Edited by Sports Guy