Kyle Stowers 2024

Jagwar

I’am very bias on this topic. He is our son’s bf from HS. We’ve been to spring training with him, we were at his weeding. Since we lost our son to cancer that same year they graduated. He’s our guy!! But please let him play somewhere if not for the Orioles please please somewhere!!! #Lyonhearted

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, KJLyon said:

I’am very bias on this topic. He is our son’s bf from HS. We’ve been to spring training with him, we were at his weeding. Since we lost our son to cancer that same year they graduated. He’s our guy!! But please let him play somewhere if not for the Orioles please please somewhere!!! #Lyonhearted

I 100% agree Stowers should be on a big league roster.  I would love for it to be in Baltimore,  but he has nothing more to prove at this level. 

And I am so sorry for the loss of your son.  That is heartbreaking.  I'm cheering for Kyle along with you. 

Stowers is one of the reasons why I wanted O'Hearn or Santander moved this offseason for prospects or a quality relief pitcher.

Elias likes to hoards talent. That's good from an organization standpoint, but it hurts legitimate major league prospects from breaking into the majors when they are ready.

Instead of moving Hays or Santander or O'Hearn this offseason for legitimate lower level pitching prospects or a reliever, he's short a quality reliever and lower level pitching prospects. 

Instead, he's got an absolute logjam in AAA but he's playing lesser players like O'Hearn in RF or Kemp at 2B (though I understand why Holliday and Mayo are in the minors).

11 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

He's now the Tides career HR leader with 43. Tied and took the lead from Christian Walker tonight!

Christian Walker is an interesting comp for Stowers.   He’s had a very productive career despite not really getting a full time gig in the majors until he was 28 years old.  Hopefully Stowers won’t have to wait quite that long, but he’s 26 now and still waiting.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Christian Walker is an interesting comp for Stowers.   He’s had a very productive career despite not really getting a full time gig in the majors until he was 28 years old.  Hopefully Stowers won’t have to wait quite that long, but he’s 26 now and still waiting.  

I feel for guys like Stowers. He deserves a chance to see if he can do it at the MLB level and he's stuck in an org with not much room to give him that chance.

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

He's got that "Oh no...I get to sit on the bench for a couple of weeks" look on his face.

"Ugh, I'm gonna have to pack this suitcase again in 48 hours when they recall Hays..."

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

He's got that "Oh no...I get to sit on the bench for a couple of weeks" look on his face.

That's funny, but I bet he's happy to cash that MLB check for a few days if that's all he's here for.