Colton Cowser 2024

25 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Cowser has a .442 OPS in May.  Would rather have almost anyone up but him in that situation.

Except Mullins, or Urias. Lotta bad hitting going on right now in Baltimore if we're being honest. 

7 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Doubtful since he’s not a rookie. 

Actually now I’m not even really sure. Baseball reference says he isn’t but articles about rookie of the year favorites list him. 

12 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Doubtful since he’s not a rookie. 

I blame the irresponsible reporting from The Athletic and CBS Sports, and other sports outlets. They have him listed as a rookie in articles posted this week.

Cowser is going to be losing playing time to Hays.  Maybe starting right away.  When asked about Cowser getting most of the playing time when he was insanely hot earlier in the year, Hyde said he would get most of the at bats in left "for now". 

53 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’ll be fine. Awful take there though.  Definitely was guessing and wasn’t guessing fastball.

No one is really hitting well right now.

But what could he have been guessing? Palmer said Romano is only fastball/slider with no changeup.  I’m pretty sure I’ve read the  Orioles have a hitting “strategy “ coach who would go over stuff like that. That was such an egregious fail I’d like to see Cowser sent back tfor a month of summer school in  Norfolk where he would have to write “i will listen to the scouting reports “ on a blackboard 100 times a day.

16 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

But what could he have been guessing? Palmer said Romano is only fastball/slider with no changeup.  I’m pretty sure I’ve read the  Orioles have a hitting “strategy “ coach who would go over stuff like that. That was such an egregious fail I’d like to see Cowser sent back tfor a month of summer school in  Norfolk where he would have to write “i will listen to the scouting reports “ on a blackboard 100 times a day.

Pitch before I believe was the fastball that was a high outside strike.

Thinking something off speed maybe?

But why slow down the bat?  That’s inexperience.

31 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

Untitled.png.d6ef11bced80f971bcf332e3ca6d60ce.png

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Pitch before I believe was the fastball that was a high outside strike.

Thinking something off speed maybe?

But why slow down the bat?  That’s inexperience.

Slow down the bat as in not move it? I don’t post much and this is the first time i’ve shown any heat about a player, manager, coach, or owner in my 17 years on OH, but under the circumstances, I see only three possible reasons Cowser would have been “thinking something off speed” - the scouts and batting “strategists “ didn’t know or communicate as much about Romano as Palmer did on the broadcast , Cowser wasn’t paying attention in class, or he doesn’t take coaching well.