Brandon Hyde 2024

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

People are entitled to their opinion but I don’t get why anyone thinks Hyde’s job is on the line. There would have to be something brewing behind the scenes. 

The players seem to really like Hyde. The team is winning. 

The overrating over what a manager does and his importance is absurd. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

The players seem to really like Hyde. The team is winning. 

The overrating over what a manager does and his importance is absurd. 

Yeah. As long as he has the respect of the clubhouse he isn’t going anywhere.

There have been movesI have questioned but it’s not like some Grady Little situation where you wonder whether he can be brought back. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. As long as he has the respect of the clubhouse he isn’t going anywhere.

There have been movesI have questioned but it’s not like some Grady Little situation where you wonder whether he can be brought back. 

There are zero managers out there who wouldn’t get questioned at times. People just want something new but those same people will have the same complaints with the new guy.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• There’s like 5 threads discussing Adley’s offensive decline in the second half, so I’m not going to repeat what I’ve said elsewhere.   This thread asks about Rutschman vs. Wieters.   I still think it’s quite likely (75% or more) that Adley will have the significantly better career.   But we’ll have to see what version of Adley shows up in 2025.    I hate the fact that suddenly this question isn’t ridiculous.    
    • Agree with the sentiment and if the overall point is we don’t have the pitching depth other teams covet to get someone like Erceg, that is 100% valid. that said I do like the Dominguez trade as Hays had next to no value. Would love if in the post Mortum presser Elias does someone actually asks him about his draft philosophy. It seems like it gets discussed on here all the time but he is never asked about it. We’re now counting on Trevor Rogers to start for us next year or we traded away 2 of our better hitting prospects for nothing. 
    • Lumping in Soto and Dominguez with Jimenez and Rogers really isn't being honest here. Soto got off to a bad start but turned it around in a big way.  Dominguez had some lumps.  But if you factor in that adding Dominguez and Soto allowed us to cut Kimbrel, it's an overall positive.
    • If you don't think Gunnar has much fire to him, I'm not sure what you've been watching.  
    • I don't know what the factors are in his regression over the second half. I sometimes wonder if the game becomes less "fun" now that it is a job and it's difficult to maintain the enthusiasm over the long haul. Whatever it is, why is he still batting near the top of the order?
    • Disagree with the premise of this post. He had very good statcast numbers in 2023. He didn’t give up homers last year and had a high K rate. His FIp was 3.3 last year, far lower than his ERA. His xERA was also over a run less. The issue was the walk rate. Could he get that down?  If so, he could be a top end high leverage guy. There was a lot to work with and a lot of reason to expect improvement.
  • Popular Contributors