Moving the wall back in left field has been a terrible decision for the Orioles.

Spakman

Completely agree. Horrible idea. We don't have any Judge-type hitters who can wallop the ball to left. We have guys precisely like Westburg who are really good contact hitters with pop who can come up with clutch HRS.....in the old park. 

We are giving up tons of runs with that damn wall. Forget how many we may be saving, it doesn't even out.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Perez also hit one that would have been out in most parks, though not quite as far aw Westburg’s.  

I thought of that as well and at worst it could have been 2-2, it beats losing 1-0. Oh well. O’s didn’t do the fundamental things as usual but it’s frustrating to see a ball hit that well and you end up with a goose egg.

Go O’s, hope for better results tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

One fly ball and bump this thread. How about learning how to hit LHP?

What’s so wrong with bumping this thread? The O’s are an all or nothing team who don’t play small ball and lost out on 2 runs because they moved the fence back too much.

Well sorry for bumping this during when it mattered most; good grief. I’ll bump it next time when there is a collegiate exhibition game with no importance taking place at Camden Yards.

23 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

What’s so wrong with bumping this thread? The O’s are an all or nothing team who don’t play small ball and lost out on 2 runs because they moved the fence back too much.

Well sorry for bumping this during when it mattered most; good grief. I’ll bump it next time when there is a collegiate exhibition game with no importance taking place at Camden Yards.

They’ve won 192 games the past two seasons. But sure, let’s complain every time we don’t get a homer to left field. 

6 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

They’ve won 192 games the past two seasons. But sure, let’s complain every time we don’t get a homer to left field. 

I think building a lineup around power and playing in this park makes you vulnerable in October to LHP. 

Hopefully we hit their SP’s the next two days. 

9 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

The thread is literally about the wall. It’s not like I’m discussing this in another thread. If you’re now allowed to bump it in a playoff game they lost by 1 then you might as well ask the Mods to delete the thread itself.

1 minute ago, KojiSplit said:

The thread is literally about the wall. It’s not like I’m discussing this in another thread. If you’re now allowed to bump it in a playoff game they lost by 1 then you might as well ask the Mods to delete the thread itself.

Some can say hey it’s one game. That’s fine. 

I have felt for sometime now this could be an issue in the playoffs. In this sport even good teams have about 2-3 good SP’s. If you have a lefty it makes a ton of sense to throw them here. This park is huge in the summer and more so in cooler weather. 

The Orioles have yet to establish a strong LH starter. 

It’s fair to ask if they should bump it in some and don’t take away the pop from our own RHH. 

Complaining about the wall for stealing a RHH home run is dumb. That’s by design. Complaining about how it seems to cause all of our LHHs to become pull happy is something worth considering. We constantly see clips of our prospects spraying the ball everywhere in the minors and some even continue that when they get promoted. But everyone seems to abandon that plate approach once they’ve spent some time in Camden yards. 

I always thought they moved it back to far or should have kept the height lower but there are lots of factors that can’t be foreseen.  In 2022 it was almost impossible to hit it out as homers were also down that year.  Then 2023 they changed the baseballs and “juiced them and we saw more homers go out.  This year again the balls don’t seem as juiced as last year and if the weather is not warm like today it makes it really hard to hit one out to left.  What will MLb do next season with the balls?  

23 minutes ago, CTBear said:

Complaining about the wall for stealing a RHH home run is dumb. That’s by design. Complaining about how it seems to cause all of our LHHs to become pull happy is something worth considering. We constantly see clips of our prospects spraying the ball everywhere in the minors and some even continue that when they get promoted. But everyone seems to abandon that plate approach once they’ve spent some time in Camden yards. 

I did a quick search nothing to deep but I think you have a good point about the wall.  We have a few players averages that take a dip at home compared to on the road.