The Brewers Series

Just Regular

Just wanted to put a button on this series and say that the Sunday win seems to epitomize this team's success over the past few years.

That Milwaukee team was in "great form" as we would say in the soccer world, and when they went ahead late in the game it would have been easy to roll over, but this team never panics and just keeps grinding away and finding ways to avoid long stretches of losing baseball.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, interloper said:

They really do. Hoskins has a punchable face. Adames is annoying. Sanchez is a Yankee. 

Contreras pissed me off too, hated to see that guy at the plate. I have to say, Joey Ortiz looked like a good fit (in a good way) for the Brewers.

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Contreras pissed me off too, hated to see that guy at the plate. I have to say, Joey Ortiz looked like a good fit (in a good way) for the Brewers.

Agree on both. Ortiz is going to be great for them, he looks confident and capable out there. Gonna be a pesky hitter. 

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Brewers play defense.   They didn’t give us anything.  They executed and were clicking offensively.   We’ve played some hot teams.  

Yeah I was annoyed about how much they look like us. Or what we should look like anyway. Aggressive on the bases, good defense, anyone in the lineup can hurt you. I remember after the Burnes trade Elias mentioning they have similar philosophies and valued the draft pick, etc. They seem to be doing just fine without Burnes, too. 

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

We saw the best possible version of the Brewers, and it's not sustainable. Water always finds its level.

They’ve been in the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years.  If that’s their level, that’s not bad.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They’ve been in the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years.  If that’s their level, that’s not bad.  

I meant scoring 8 runs a game for the past 10 games. They aren't that team.

Edited by Malike