4/12 vs. Brewers: Holiday’s Home Debut

ArtVanDelay

3 minutes ago, royalstillman said:

This team can't hit starters,only relievers.What's up with that?

Our batters are what you call, "mistake hitters." They can clobber batting practice balls, but if their pitchers are playing good movement or deception, they'll be lights out against us.

Combine that with the fact that the Boston bullpen is bad, and there's your sweep.

Unfortunately, I think the Brewers have a much better pen than the Red Sox.

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

The real question is, is the Milwaukee pen any good? Our batters can obliterate bad pitchers - see Campbell, last night - but any competent pitching sits us down. If they can pitch 9 innings of effective ball, 3 runs is plenty to beat us with.

Devin Williams is hurt so we’ve got that going for us.

Their bullpen is 9th in WPA.  O’s are 15th.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

You could say he's the team anchor. 😁

Of course, my analogy works a couple of opposite ways. 

And @ArtVanDelay, I like Hays (I did that silly The Ballad of Austin Hays last year).

But he's just in the funk of all funks right now, and even with hard hit balls, no luck. 

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

I believe in reference to Orioles excitement at AAA and AA I heard him refer to the organization as "them".

He said on Foul Territory today that he still doesn't even know everyone's name and he didn't seem particularly concerned about learning them. He said good luck with that, or something.

Just now, NashLumber said:

And @ArtVanDelay, I like Hays (I did that silly The Ballad of Austin Hays last year).

But he's just in the funk of all funks right now, and even with hard hit balls, no luck. 

I like Hays too but he’s been in a funk going back to June.  I don’t see a future for him in Baltimore.  He’ll go somewhere else and be a productive player.

• Upvote 1

During the in game, Hyde said he wanted Wells to start using both sides of the plate but I’ve yet to see an inside fastball. These guys (and Pitts last time too) are just sitting on outside pitches and crushing the hanging breaking ball.