Mike Baumann 2024

Frobby

Posted (edited)

I don’t mind Baumann being here And im not really for DFA’ing him because I think there is a lot to work with.

That said, today was very frustrating. Yes, the one hit was bad luck and McKenna got a bad jump but the 2 walks, when you are up 11-0, were infuriating.

Edited by Sports Guy

Looks like he turns into an anxiety machine after a bad outing or two... and if he throws a few balls, he starts fidgeting and pacing.... you can see the "oh no" on his face. Then its off to the races.

Glad they stuck with him if for nothing else than he'd be damaged goods if he gave up 5 runs

If you could send him out there with a Valium the size of a football to lick between pitches, he'd be awesome.

1 minute ago, owknows said:

Looks like he turns into an anxiety machine after a bad outing or two... and if he throws a few balls, he starts fidgeting and pacing.... you can see the "oh no" on his face. Then its off to the races.

Glad they stuck with him if for nothing else than he'd be damaged goods if he gave up 5 runs

If you could send him out there with a Valium the size of a football to lick between pitches, he'd be awesome.

When he's licking his fingers, it's not sticky stuff, it's valium. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, owknows said:

The reality is, that some fans need the valium a lot more than a professional athlete. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Baumann’s spot on the roster has more value if we’re able to rotate Baker, Vespi, Tate, and Krook, through for matchups and fresh arm. 

Or if the Orioles had more relievers with options and could rotate certain pitchers on the Norfolk shuttle. 

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

He was no worse than the Cinn ace closer. I suppose Cinn will be cutting him by tomorrow morning

Bauman may be the odd guy out but he has  a live arm and will pitch somewhere in the ML

Diaz has a little bit different track record, wouldn’t you say?

Just now, RZNJ said:

Diaz has a little bit different track record, wouldn’t you say?

He's an Oriole pitcher with a pretty good arm and a shaky first couple seasons.

So of course he'll be DFA'd and then he'll win a Cy Young.

3 minutes ago, owknows said:

He's an Oriole pitcher with a pretty good arm and a shaky first couple seasons.

So of course he'll be DFA'd and then he'll win a Cy Young.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Baumann has success elsewhere.   He’s got the stuff.  He just almost never has the command.  He’s running out of time.  When he’s clearly not one of the 8 best I think he’s gone.  Tates’s option saved him.  Does Akin’s option save him when GRod comes back and what about Wells.  They are going to exhaust every chance to get Baumann turned around before they are forced to make that decision.  I do think Hyde has a soft spot for him.  He’s singled him out for his “stuff” multiple times in the past.

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Baumann has success elsewhere.   He’s got the stuff.  He just almost never has the command.  He’s running out of time.  When he’s clearly not one of the 8 best I think he’s gone.  Tates’s option saved him.  Does Akin’s option save him when GRod comes back and what about Wells.  They are going to exhaust every chance to get Baumann turned around before they are forced to make that decision.  I do think Hyde has a soft spot for him.  He’s singled him out for his “stuff” multiple times in the past.

Sans Injuries, with Bradish and Means being back and Ramirez being DFA and Tate Being optioned< HE not only has to worry about GRod but also as you said Wells> Does Akin option save him? No. Hes the next one gone.The old roster crunch.