Albert Suarez 2024

Tony-OH

4 hours ago, interloper said:

He reminded me a little of Koji out there. Dotting a fastball over and over and rarely squared up. 

I liked Hyde's shout out of the scouting dept in the post game.

Hyde's comment about the  scouts was classy and unselfish.A real organisation man giving praise to his fellow staff members shows great humility and integrity.

I had a chance to see him pitch during the spring for my week of visiting Sarasota. Looked decent there too, but I didn’t think much of it, as I didn’t see a lot of room for him on the roster.

It’s a great story (so far) and I’ll just roll with his first start and hope he has a few more quality starts in him. Even if not, it’s a good story for a guy who hadn’t pitched at this level in so long.

He has thrown some legitimately nasty pitches tonight.  His screwball to strike out Trout with a runner in scoring position in the 3rd inning was epic.  Barring injury, I think he's going to stick with the team in some role for the rest of the season.  

44 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

He has thrown some legitimately nasty pitches tonight.  His screwball to strike out Trout with a runner in scoring position in the 3rd inning was epic.  Barring injury, I think he's going to stick with the team in some role for the rest of the season.  

Yeah the stuff plays at this level and with swing + miss (he got 16 tonight).  Whether as 5 and dive starter or leverage reliever, Suarez will have key role going forward.

Edited by Say O!

Regardless what happens moving forward, this dude has stepped up when we needed some quality innings.  

47 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Exactly right. 

Gotta see what happens when the book gets out on him but he’s been absolute nails so far. 

Even more impressive, basically walked out of a Korean rice paddy and went toe to toe against Pablo Lopez and Detmers no less.  

Suarez fan forever based on two starts.  

Edited by PeteCanes