Saturday is Burnes Day vs the Royals

SteveA

Posted (edited)

The White Sox offense is reaching new lows every day.  Coming into this weekend in Philly, they were averaging 2.11 runs per game.   Then they got shut out last night.   Tonight, through 7, they are shut out again AND don't have a hit vs Zach Wheeler.   (Wheeler is at 101 pitches so I seriously doubt he pitches the 8th and 9th).

EDIT:  And now I see this was already discussed, I hadn't refreshed enough.

Edited by SteveA

Just now, Malike said:

I don't think it counts against the White Sox.

They really are sooooo bad.   Judging by the way their AAA team looked a couple of weeks ago, there aren't any reinforcements to be had anytime soon either. 

Just now, SteveA said:

The White Sox offense is reaching new lows every day.  Coming into this weekend in Philly, they were averaging 2.11 runs per game.   Then they got shut out last night.   Tonight, through 7, they are shut out again AND don't have a hit vs Zach Wheeler.   (Wheeler is at 101 pitches so I seriously doubt he pitches the 8th and 9th).

Local boy Gavin Sheets has a real shot at making the All-Star team, since someone has to out of that roster. Between him and Garrett Crochet, basically.