4/21 @ Royals

Morgan423

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Why do you feel every prospect will fail in the beginning no matter what? 

Saying that, I'd give Norby a chance so if Holliday gets hot you can send him back. If Mayo comes up and tears it up, what do they do with Holliday? 

trade him for Skenes? 😀 

20 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I could see them sending Jackson down to AAA and bringing up Mayo for third and moving Westburg to second.  

I could also see them sticking with Jackson for another two weeks to see if he can figure it out.

Here's my problem with Holliday: how long do you keep putting him out there while you're also trying to win 100 or so games, especially when an injury-riddled pitching staff and faltering bullpen are putting pressure on the offense to score a lot of runs? 

I am still confident Holliday will be an excellent ML player. I didn't expect him to hit a lot for the first couple of months. But I thought he'd deliver an occasional longball and that he'd get on base some and use his speed to be disruptive and to advance on hits by Gunnar. I didn't think he'd hurt the team to the extent he has, both at bat and in the field. 

One thing that surprises me a little is that, at least to my untrained eye, his approach seems to emphasize guessing and hacking, and it doesn't seem to have changed despite the futility. Maybe it would make sense for him to change something, cut down on his swing, concentrate on laying off high fastballs, I don't know. But something.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

If I didn't think Skenes arm is going to fly off one day, I'd consider it just because we have so many guys who can replace him.

May only need it to stay on for this year. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

If I didn't think Skenes arm is going to fly off one day, I'd consider it just because we have so many guys who can replace him.

I read earlier that 124 out of the 125 fastest pitches in AAA this year were Skenes. All I can help but think is his arm is gonna be mush one of these days.